Jockey Journal Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Show your hidden master cylinders

8K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  Dr. Benway 
#1 · (Edited)
Ya I know some guys don't like showing there "tricks", these guys are called "assholes"haha, but if you've come up with a really creative way to do it, please share. I have 74 XL project. Nice clean bars, don't wanna muck em up with bulkiness, I was thinkin of mounting mine under the tank but then thought F hiding it, it's small and no uglier than the coils, why not mount it on the coil bracket? It would be outta the way of the bars and still accessible. A nicely machined setup mite look gadgety to some but utility is nice ESPECIALLY when going the unconventional route right? So show your tricks assholes!:)

#2 ·
Re: Sow your hidden master cylinders

I just posted this in the other thread...

The cleanest set up I've seen is on one of my favorite bikes from Japan. Narrow Strike Eagle built by Hide Motorcycles.

Caliper is Hurst with tiny rotor, master is on the backbone under the tank, brake is activated with left twist grip (think internal throttle).

Tank was tunneled to accommodate master cylinder.

#6 ·

And I just quoted Terd Furguson's post on the other thread mentioning a M/C that is very similar to that one but with one big difference. The pull arm pivots below the piston bore so that when the arm is pulled the piston pushes forward. Hurst/Airheart makes them and sells them as Go Kart M/Cs.

#7 ·

Yeah when I helped build the Antiqe Evo that was on the cover of Esyriders Gulf War tribute isse we did that inbetween the fatbobs, the res was on the springer, looked great got a lot of coments.... "Cable Disc!?"

#9 ·
Thi is what Kevin's MC looks like when mounted. It's tiny! Plenty of clearance over the motor. This frame is a zero up, zero out, 30 degree job. No top tube though. Kevin's a great fabricator, a hell of a businessman, and a friend to boot. You won't go wrong with his stuff.

#10 ·
I was looking at that fab kevins MC, pretty easy to do using a rear MC from a sports bike... but what about the brake fluid reservoir?

or can just a hose with fluid be used?
like some sports bikes have and not use the reservoir at all?

was just wondering as I was thinking of hiding it under the petrol tank, but there's probably not much space there to put a reservoir once the MC is in place

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.