Jockey Journal Forum banner

show me your flat trackers and desert racers

675K views 1K replies 302 participants last post by  46KNUCK 
#1 ·
Bobbers, bobbers, bobbers- choppers, choppers, choppers! Don't get me wrong; I run a bobber myself but there is a world of other bikes out there that are the coolest fuckin things in the world.

Like for instance the trackmaster in this months Dice- I defy anyone to tell me that isnt the coolest bike. I only bought my Triumph cos I saw one that was trying to be a trackmaster and then the guy who owned that bike went and bought himself a real trackmaster- what a beast.

So show me your flat trackers and desert racers.

#229 ·
#240 ·
Heres my current desert sled.

#241 ·
Showed this one on best Trumpy customs but now that i see a flat track and desert racer thread, i guess it belongs here.
PS We are be building an AJS 650 CSR Desert racer! Pics on the way very soon.

New street/flat tracker.

I've been watching the progress on this machine from start to end and the last few weeks have been killing me with anticipation!
Finally got to ride this little beast the other day and it handles as good as it looks.
Another well done job by Matt J, Sydney Australia

#248 ·
That's good looking beast, congrats. can you tell me, the rims, the rear hub, what make are they?? Also, that seat/tank set-up looks awsome. Did you have to modify the frame to make it fit? Those triumph frames are wide on the rear and this looks slimmer?? Good paint work too! Oil cooler rocks, the more i look the more i like!!!

#253 ·
This beautiful Gold Star scrambler has ben on ebay lately -

From the text -

"it belonged to/built by the famous Jim Hunter of Southern California. This bike was built up by Jim Hunter to race, for either Scrambles, Motocross, or Desert racing. I also have copies of the original BSA Factory build (dyno) sheet, that I obtained from the Gold Star Owner Club in England. This sheet VERIFIES the engine and frame numbers are correct for this bike, the cams, transmission, and the "trim" are all correct as it left the factory and it was dyno'd on June 24, 1955 and then dispatched to Hap Alzina on January 11, 1956. This is a 1955/6 BSA Gold Star Scrambles.

This bike should almost be in a Museum, as it has all the history of Southern California off road racing as it's history. Jim Hunter won a LOT of races in his day, and he also built up some of the fastest Goldies that raced all over the U.S.

Jim Hunter had a huge influence on motorcycle off road racing of all types, he was (is) well known and a true racer. He also had his own shop in La Habra, Ca., and was one of the "guys" in the book: The Original Wild Ones: Tales of the Boozefighters Motorcycle Club."

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

#256 ·
this just in
anderson engineering sucked in the all new
"mike anderson" built and raced (3) races..
trackmaster framed norton 750cc..
..our good friend rob mclendon of D&D cycles, flo
.is going to be our pilot on this super fast machine!
gearin up for the kansas county fair circuit, 1/2 mile
see you at the fair!
kk#38

pics by "jg photowerx" shot at davenport

now this fellow
Johnny Gibson's biggest victory came in the 1956 Daytona 200 riding a factory-backed Harley-Davidson.
..stolen from the ama page...

Gibson remembers winning $2,500 for the Daytona victory. He said in his best year of racing he made about $32,000, at a time when the average yearly salary for Americans was around $4,000. Like most of the racers of the era, he supplemented his income by racing the Kansas fair circuit between Midwestern AMA Nationals