Jockey Journal Forum banner

show me your flat trackers and desert racers

675K views 1K replies 302 participants last post by  46KNUCK 
#1 ·
Bobbers, bobbers, bobbers- choppers, choppers, choppers! Don't get me wrong; I run a bobber myself but there is a world of other bikes out there that are the coolest fuckin things in the world.

Like for instance the trackmaster in this months Dice- I defy anyone to tell me that isnt the coolest bike. I only bought my Triumph cos I saw one that was trying to be a trackmaster and then the guy who owned that bike went and bought himself a real trackmaster- what a beast.

So show me your flat trackers and desert racers.

#171 · (Edited)
I found this last night in a box of old family photos. An uncle and his slightly customed 1966 Triumph 650 Bonneville TT Special. The picture was taken some time in 1967 when he was 19 or 20. Being his only transportation at the time, he commuted during the week and raced it on the weekends, sometimes drag racing it on alcohol. He still has the bike.

#178 ·
Re: Any 1970's Flattrack Racing fans out there????

Saw your post on HAMB and thought I'd stop back here and see what the response was. I went to all the Ohio races in the mid to late 60's. A friend of mine was Ohio # 38F expert. I was sort of a crew chief for him. I visited your website and it brought back a lot of memories. Cool pics!

#180 ·

Very cool stuff Thunderplex,
Just last night I was at a friend's house digging through his huge collection of old magazines and race programs from Castle Rock, Sidewinders, and other tracks here in the NW. Thanks for making all those photos available. Good stuff.

#186 ·
#189 ·

My boyhood hero was "Super Fred" Smith. He raced Yamahas and Triumphs for my Dad's shop, then got a factory ride with H-D in the early to mid 70's (national plate 42). I'd love to find any and all old pics.

#190 ·

Joe. Here's one of your old subjects (Jay Springsteen) on my wkr Big Horn Kawasaki. I have Woody Kyle's bike that Jay Ridgeway, Jeff Purvis and Ed Salley rode, here for a resto. I seen some small pix of Ridgeway on your site. Do you have any bigger, or more pix I could use to help with the resto.

The other pic is of Don Castro's factory Triumph that I just restored. Any other pix of Don on the Triumph would be cool too.

Thanks,Don Miller www.metroracing.com