Jockey Journal Forum banner

show me your flat trackers and desert racers

675K views 1K replies 302 participants last post by  46KNUCK 
#1 ·
Bobbers, bobbers, bobbers- choppers, choppers, choppers! Don't get me wrong; I run a bobber myself but there is a world of other bikes out there that are the coolest fuckin things in the world.

Like for instance the trackmaster in this months Dice- I defy anyone to tell me that isnt the coolest bike. I only bought my Triumph cos I saw one that was trying to be a trackmaster and then the guy who owned that bike went and bought himself a real trackmaster- what a beast.

So show me your flat trackers and desert racers.

#3 · (Edited)
My Modern ride that I sold last year:

A vintage Champion "in the nude": (for sale)

A bultaco I used to have:

I'll see if I can take some pic's of some others I have hanging around here. I got a few, including a HD MX250-based bike that belonged to an Ex-GNC #1 plate rider. This bike isn't mine, but I'm trying to find a decent early Sportster to build a replica:

I've given up in ever finding one of these:

#5 · (Edited)
#19 ·
This one is currently under resto. Hopefully to be done in time for Mid Ohio Vintage days, Triumph mark. It's Don Castro's Factory Red Line framed 750cc Triumph with the Tracy Fiberglass works body work that was banned by the AMA at San Jose 1/2 mile in 1972.

$$$$$$$ Reward for anyone getting me any color pix of this bike. I have a lot of black and whites, but will concider any Castro pic from '71-'72

Don

Attachments

#28 ·
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
This is a 500 that was racing in Perris a while ago. The owner Lenny said he built it for under $2500. Check out the K&N breathers on the rocker caps.
This is Joe Pape's 53 KR...dual plug heads with dual mags, and no brakes. Fun. The Triumph is a 66 bonneville Jack Hatley built...currently owned by Yaniv at powerplant in LA. I rode all of these and it made me wanna build something...