Jockey Journal Forum banner

show me your flat trackers and desert racers

675K views 1K replies 302 participants last post by  46KNUCK 
#1 ·
Bobbers, bobbers, bobbers- choppers, choppers, choppers! Don't get me wrong; I run a bobber myself but there is a world of other bikes out there that are the coolest fuckin things in the world.

Like for instance the trackmaster in this months Dice- I defy anyone to tell me that isnt the coolest bike. I only bought my Triumph cos I saw one that was trying to be a trackmaster and then the guy who owned that bike went and bought himself a real trackmaster- what a beast.

So show me your flat trackers and desert racers.

#382 ·
savannah was the fastest track we have ever ran.
what a great time after we got the right gear on..
made it to daytona s/t and damm.. that limestone
was tough. blew a dang head gasket after runnin'
our heat & did not make the main. ~halbert rocks
butt..
ridin the cushman down main street was priceless
kk#38

#406 ·
I'm building a bobber right now, but I swear to you; I will build a prostreet/flatracker ironhead hybrid as my next project. This thread is inspiring.

#407 ·
OK, I have seen some Jap bikes in this thread so.....My 79 Yam XS650 Street Tracker , in progress. Next addition will be Dunlop K81's . Still working on weight reduction, and soon a 750 kit. I call it "Checkers and Peckers".

Attachments

#415 ·
Hey guys... lurked on here for a while.. lost of cool bikes on here.

Here is my 79 Xs650 I finished building this spring. Cut off most of the BS that is on the 650 stock. Stock tank, different fender, built a batt box, and engine was rebuilt to 750cc with valve job, all new bottom bearings, and a welded crank.

Rode it around town for about 2 miles before realizing that it would not shift into 4th or 5th. Seems to have broken a pin off the shift selector or something. Shipped the motor back to the engine builder last week.... just staring at pictures thinking about riding it(after i drop the motor back in).

Seems like it fits in this thread.

Have more progress pictures of this and other bikes here:

http://counterbalancecycles.blogspot.com/