Jockey Journal Forum banner

show me your flat trackers and desert racers

675K views 1K replies 302 participants last post by  46KNUCK 
#1 ·
Bobbers, bobbers, bobbers- choppers, choppers, choppers! Don't get me wrong; I run a bobber myself but there is a world of other bikes out there that are the coolest fuckin things in the world.

Like for instance the trackmaster in this months Dice- I defy anyone to tell me that isnt the coolest bike. I only bought my Triumph cos I saw one that was trying to be a trackmaster and then the guy who owned that bike went and bought himself a real trackmaster- what a beast.

So show me your flat trackers and desert racers.

#321 ·
Southbay Speedway brings back memories. I used to go practice there on I forget something like Wednesday nights back in the early 70's. I got into speedway after purchasing a Weslake from Ken Maely and seperated my shoulder to many times. Anyways, thanks for the memories, still have my steel shoe and would love to get on a dirt track again. So far this season is going good with Joe Kopp winning on a Ducati and Stevie Bonsey winning at Calistoga. I sure hope flat track has a great season.

#327 ·

Is there a larger pic of this? I can't see it. I can only see this tiny one found on google, the url says its here.
Is this the standard goldie flattracker?

Also does anyone have pictures of b or m series bsa's in dirt track trim from yesteryear? (not in the 2 downtube rigid dirt goldie frame)

I just wondere'd if many folks were adapting their roadbikes for flattrack/dirt stuff.

more of these i found here somewhere

#335 ·
Here are a few of my favorites....Winkin Will Davis & Greg Simm's on the asphalt in Ohio...and yes he is smoking both tires, A local Vintage Rider I build motors for here in MI on a 250 trackmaster yamaha, The late great Rex Beauchamp on a XR750,Jim Rice on a BSA , and last but not least ,Black Bart Markel on What I think is a KR 750...notice no gloves, and boxing shoes....when men were men....:D

Attachments

This post has been deleted
#347 ·
Here is a picture of my Triumph Curtiss. Curtiss frames were made in Vancouver Canada. It is a great frame. Very light, quick and also stable for some reason. The bike weighs 315 lbs wet. It is fun but extreemly impractical. It has all the good stuff. It is well put together and is proven over many miles. I have owned it for more than 20 years. I would like to sell it now if anyone is interested.

Attachments

#348 · (Edited)
Here is another Curtis framed flat tracker that a friend has redone with a Yamaha dual dis front end, a little bigger Banana tank to replace the small capacity race one and nope he is not pregnant he had a flanged pvc coupling and 2 packs of bees wax rings in his jacket from Home Depot ,for his daughters bathroom as he was on the way to her house.