506K views 1K replies 378 participants last post by  Ratso 
#1 ·
enjoy.

Attachments

See less See more
#130 ·
El Mirage

#136 ·
This is my uncle on my Dad's pre-war cammy Norton.

#140 ·
Thought I had posted this one before but I just looked thru all 15 pages and didn't see it.

This is my great uncle Jim Alexander with his Indian taken somewhere around 1920.I unfortunately never got to meet him as he died before I was born.My aunt(who will be 97 in April)supplied me with the picture and the story.Wish I could have known him as he sounded like he was a bit wild.

Seems Uncle Jim had a taste for the open road.Not too sure what he did in life but from what my aunt said,it probably was barely legal.They lived in Vermont and every fall would head off for St.Augustine Florida on the bike!Remember in 1920 there was no interstate highway system and the nearly 2,000 mile trip would take at least 3 weeks.His wife would ride on the back!

After a few years he bought a side car for the Indian but they wound up hauling their luggage in it.Anyway here is the picture.

Attachments

#144 ·
1967. Me, the Norton and the girlfriend. All three of us are still together. She is now the long suffering wife and the Norton holds a record at Bonneville and El Mirage.

#147 ·
No info on this but I wish it was in my garage. A Nordian (Norton/Indian)

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.