Jockey Journal Forum banner

vintage pics o' the day

506K views 1K replies 378 participants last post by  Ratso 
#1 ·
enjoy.

Attachments

See less See more
#347 ·
That is a nomex head sock with the early style aluminum outer wrapping for fuel engines before they went to Kevlar. Try searching vintage drag race, gasser, fuel altereds.
Remember now this PIC is from 1966 or so, so any driver wear at this time is now vintage items and no longer approved for BUB or SCTA
Rocky
1957 S/VG
1959 M/BG

#360 · (Edited)

If you ever run across a decommissioned WW2 Tommy Gun. Buy it. Supposedly the guys that did the decommissioning after the war didn't the heart to ruin a perfectly good weapon. So they half assed it. With a bit of research of the inner workings and some machining you got yourself a "trench broom". That's just what I heard.

#361 ·
Some weapons were demilled by pouring lead into the barrel and chamber which can be removed with a little heat! However do at your own risk as the "Man" takes a very dim view of this kind of fun, especially if he can find the person who reactivated said play toy.

#375 ·
This is pretty awesome! I had the tremendous pleasure of meeting Don Vesco in the late 80's- spent a couple of hours with him- he was an awesome guy- super down to earth and just a great guy to meet and visit with. I was really hoping to see him again someday and I am very sorry he is no longer with us. Every bit the legend of any of the great land speed racers- hell motocycle racers period. Thanks for sharing this!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.