Jockey Journal Forum banner

69 Triumph Bonneville Chopper ?

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  RidingHood 
#1 · (Edited)
Looking for possible info on a chopper that I purchased. It is a 69 Triumph Bonneville 650 with a chantland big bore. The person I got the bike from said the bike was built in the late 70's. He thought the bike was in motorcycle magazine around that time. The bike look like it might been built around that time. Everything looks to be all custom including the wavy glass used for the tail light. In the seat there is a custom made hole to check the oil.He purchased the bike from someone in Michigan. Any info if anyone have seen this let me know.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Plant Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Fuel tank Tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Grille Hood Vehicle
Wheel Tire Bicycle frame Bicycle Bicycle tire

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Bicycle tire Automotive tire

See less See more
#8 ·
This is definitely a Yosemite Sam bike that’s been repainted. I’ve seen a photo of that bike before (I’ll try to dig it up) but the tail light is a dead giveaway. Also the oil tank built under the seat with the hole cut out is seen in a ton of his bikes (I’ve got one of his choppers with the same setup).

#14 ·
I’m going to assume by the...less than stellar paint job currently on that bike and the fact that the molding is still pristine that the original paint is still under there somewhere. I’m currently digging a Yosemite Sam paint job out from under 3 layers of primer that someone sprayed 25+ years ago very, very slowly (like 25 hours in and another 50-75 hours to go) with some high grit wet sanding and scotch brite pads. If it’s under there, It IS potentially possible to save it. Just a thought

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.