Jockey Journal Forum banner

103" single loop shovelhead aka "Yakasaki Eater"

4K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  750Devo 
#1 ·
Early on when I decided Harley choppers were how I wanted to waste all my time, money, and patience I picked up this book as a learning tool. This is a great book and an excellent reference for anyone starting out.

One of the things that really stuck with me was the chapters on various engine combinations. This build in particular stuck with me and I knew one day I had to have a 5" stroke motor!

See less See more
#2 ·
I got really inspired by some of the single loop, and motorshop threads here on the board and decided to order up chopper Daves version of the motorshop frame. Should have it in my hands soon. Original plan was to pull the driveline out of this bike, and put it in the new frame. Then sell this bike off as a roller.

#3 ·
After ordering up the frame i was cruising around on ebay and came across a brand new S&S 103" 5" stroke crate motor for a fraction of what they sell for new. It was already in canada and to good of a deal to pass up on so I snagged it.

Ran the numbers by s&s and this was the earlier version of their crate motors back when they made their own pistons in house. This version runs a higher compression than todays at 10.7 to 1 and runs a bigger 640 cam. Very pleased! I have set a better squish on the motor, and am getting decomps machined in to aid with kicking it over.

#4 ·
I had been gifted an inner primary support from Dale at mad jap customs back when they still made chopper parts. It was a blem they didn't want to sell. I combined it to fit with this alternator cover. I like the look.

#13 ·
Nice start. I hope the Chopper Dave frame you get is better than the one I have. Motor and trans mounts crooked, motor wouldn't fit, axle plates off relative to each other and to frame centreline, and the trans mounts in general were pretty weak.. with no fifth mount.

#16 ·
I try and do it on mine, but the problem (I believe) is actually the board... it doesn't auto-resize on desktop, but will on mobile, at least for my username.

Sucks, don't it?

#24 ·
Couple of update pics. Wont be able to work on this bike for a while, so here is the progress to date.

Its not in my possession yet but i got sent a picture of my frame.

Cant wait to see it as a roller, but unfortunately it will be a couple months before I can get back to the shop.

#26 ·
Yes they work fine on my laptop but the older images are still huge, i went into the forum menu and tried the image sizing option but none of the settings actually changed anything, i also use Imgur and always have to use medium or large thumbnail setting for this forum or that all end up huge.:)

#27 ·
nice collection of stuff! This will be a cool bike to watch. i had an og motorshop frame bike, it was a 96" cone shovel. You could tell it broke the frame somewhere under the trans plate and they welded in a huge long plate kinda like on a stock hd frame. I was planning on restoring the bike and when it was apart cut all that out and ad a 5th trans mount, prob what did it.

I had the same problem using imgur pics, just type a lower case L right before the .jpg

I didn't know it was a problem either cause it looked fine on my laptop browser.

#28 ·
That bike you had is definitely one that inspired this one. Just read in your other post that you don't own it anymore. That makes me sad.

I will most likely add a fifth mount cause it can't hurt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.