Jockey Journal Forum banner

SU Eliminater2 carb

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  jockey 
#1 ·
Got an 88" stroker S&S motor running Andrews C grind cam and cannot get the carb to get past firing,wont carry on running. Been fitted with a rebuild kit,pumper puts fuel in ,fires on that initial fuel then dies .Any help would be greatly apreciated as no-one in australia seems to be able to help me ,cheers all:)

#3 ·
I read that and i just had exactly the opposite on a CV carb
hard to start bike but eventually did and no fuel from pump accelerator nozzle. Reason was gummed up ball bearing under brass nozzle.(after checking diaphragm first)
Pulled out cleaned and she's a squirter.

#4 ·
#8 ·
Does the piston slide up and down easily and is the correct oil inside so it dampens the movement and seals it? Do you pull enough vacuum to even make it slide. Have you tried to tickle it by squirting raw gas in side the manifold before a starting attempt?

#11 ·
Copy of Rivera SU manual here https://velvetcustoms.com/tech

@John the Hat- I've run SUs on shovels and pans, and liked them. However I had one shovel that I tried to run one on, and I simply could not get the 2 play nicely together. It would start, but then anything below like 1200-1500 RPM and the slide was bouncing up and down too much to idle. I tried lube, springs, etc. I finally just put on a butterfly carb and chalked it up to a combination of cam, timing, carb.

#10 ·
I think they recommend a spritz of WD40.

But the point is a good one... I have run into these where moisture between the alu slide and alu body has oxidized the piston in place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.