Jockey Journal Forum banner

Nitro Nostalgia

40K views 180 replies 32 participants last post by  frank spittle 
#1 ·
Right side of engine pod - built by Precision Metal Fab Racing (PMFR) - John Trutnau

Attachments

See less See more
#114 ·
It feels F-ing great! It has been four long years to get from a vision to a running reality. There is still a lot of work ahead; burnouts, hot squirts and finally a quarter mile. I'd like to thank all the people that have had a hand in getting me this far: John Trutnau (PMFR) Jesse Steffan and Dave Zobel (RVR), John Alwine and his race team and of course Bill Whisenant and the entire Motorcycle Performance crew. Thank you all.

#124 ·
Wow...that's about all I got, this thing leaves me pretty much speechless! Light-years beyond anything I have ever even dremt of. I can only immgine how pleased you guys must be having it up and running. Any idea when you're going to start laying rubber with this weapon?

#125 ·
Goldy - We're still trying to decide if the bike will be ready for debuting at November Mancup race. Have a couple problems with low EGT on the right front engine cylinder and low blower boost. Bill is whittling away at the problems, but we're running out of time. Same old story. See latest video, it's getting crisper.

#126 ·
We are changing the pulleys to the supercharger in an effort to increase boost. We are going from a 20T/28T = 0.71 or 29% under driven to a 34T/30T = 1.13 or 13% over driven. In the pictures you can see the 34T pulley inboard of the 20T pulley. As always when you change one pulley it affects a lot of others. The slack belt is to the fuel pump which may now need a bearing support as it will be driven further out from the engine pod. The boost was 5.5 pounds at 8000 rpm when under driven, we're hoping for 20 to 25 pounds on the new over driven system.
Because of all the extra work, it will not be ready for attending the Mancup Valdosta race. Maybe next year. Ed

Attachments

#130 ·
Picked up the bike from Motorcycle Performance on Tuesday. Here are a couple pictures of the MC Perf crew. Left to right: Bill Whisenant (owner), Fred and Nick. They took a mocked up roller and turned it into an actual nitro burner. I owe then a lot and hope our relationship will continue.

I'm thinking of painting the rear fender in a Union Jack theme or Triumph pacific blue. Any preferences?

Attachments

#131 ·
One of the last items that Bill Whisenant installed on the bike was a belly pan. Bill was present at the Nov. Valdosta race and witnessed Korry Hogan's rear tire oil down and subsequent wreck. Bill created the belly pan in two sections. The idea is to use an oil absorbent pad inside the pan. The pad will create a "gasket affect" that will seal to the bottom frame rails and hopefully contain as much oil as possible. Really critical when using stock cases. I think you'll see more, if not all, current TF bikes go to some sort of pan/pad or diaper in 2017. Thanks Bill.

Attachments

#132 ·
I want to commend you for following through with your crazy idea. You could not have done better. The future is still uncertain but the present presents plenty of optimism. Regardless, you have added another marvel to the very low count of multi-engine drag bikes built over the last 6 decades and the only one using today's technology.

I look forward to better weather and seeing this thing in action......either by youtube or better, in person.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.