Jockey Journal Forum banner

Post your 45'' pics, please!

182K views 418 replies 200 participants last post by  oldsmokey 
#1 ·
Bobbers, stockers... It's all good...

See less See more
#264 ·
Here are a few of my 45. We'll start with a pic I took just after I had started to collect pieces for the build. I ended up not using the front wheel shown, although I did use a BSA brake very similar to the one in the pic. I also did not use the fender shown. That never happens to anyone else, does it?
Yes, the date in the corner is correct. I started this thing over 4 years ago.

Here a pic from this last spring. Finally together enough to actually be called "a bike", instead of "a pile of parts".

Here's a closeup from last fall. Long story.

It was running good... until it suddenly wasn't running good.

I've got the whole bike all apart again, since the motor is out of it anyway. Motor is getting love & oughta be back together in a month or so.

I'm also doing a few other things to the bike that I wanted to change anyway. I had made decisions about how to put it together as I was doing it, so of course, once I got it all together, I realized there were a bunch of things I wanted to do differently.

Hopefully it'll be ripping up the track this summer.

#265 ·
John Hartley used to ride a super loud Vincent around town and had a stash of indians , this 1 was for his little girl ,all ready to go when she grew up , the rest of the bike parts were in waiting ,to be bolted on .

He died over 10 years ago so shed be 17 maybe now so Im guessing shes out there.
You gotta admit that is the COOLEST DAD in town!!

Attachments

#268 ·
Haven't raced it yet. I haven't got it to the point where it's ready to race yet. Hopefully this year! I'll be racing with AHRMA if all goes well.

I built the bike to the AHRMA rule book - so things like the brakes were chosen based on what I figured would give the best performance & still be within the limits of the rules. I got a lot of help & advice from hanging around the races & pestering the guys who are racing these now.

The belly pan started life as a street sign blank that I got at a salvage yard. It's justy some sorta aluminum alloy - it welded pretty easy & didn't crack when I bent it, but I don't know much more about it. It's painted flat black now, cuz I thought it stood out too much.

#276 ·
Here's the "completed" version of the red chopper i posted just 2 posts above ^^^^^
Original front end, slightly raked frame, stock tanks & fender, 3Spd w/ Reverse Shifter Gate. Reverse is a little difficult on 2-wheels and a Suicide Clutch... Neighborhood kids like to see it though!

Attachments

This post has been deleted
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.