Jockey Journal Forum banner

Post your 45'' pics, please!

182K views 418 replies 200 participants last post by  oldsmokey 
#1 ·
Bobbers, stockers... It's all good...

See less See more
#234 ·
my newest addition my 55 g.I love my flattie even though it broke once it waited till i was 500 feet from home before the clutch adjuster nUT backed off and jammed up in the primary chain.Ive done a bunch of work to it.The guy i got it from rebuilt it when he worked at the anchorage harley dealership and never rode it because the tranny studs leaked!I rode the ppiss out of it before i pulled the tranny to fix the leak.I can care less if it leaks a little so his loss my gain.Anybody ever tried pushing a servi car home uphill o gravel?hooooo it isnt fun i finally had my friend pull up behind me and i put 1 boot on her bumper my other foot on my rear end and had her drive behind me and i steered it home the last 100 feet.Whata pain.

#245 ·
Hey Man, I'm digging the Brit influences on the gas tank but did you have to go all the way with the oil tank mount? :D Sorry dude, I couldn't resist. It just reminded me of being hundreds of miles from home on my Beezer chop and wrapping duct tape around stuff to keep it on until I got home!!!

Seriously though it's lookin' good. I can't wait to hear feedback on how it flys down the road!!!

#252 ·
"Intricate mechanical mind"??? Heh, heh, that's a new one...:D I'm diggin' what you've got going on. Cuttin', grindin', weldin'.... ahhhhh...

cory! you should put up a shot of your old 45" you had er finished off nice..:cool:
As much as I can get hung up on what's right and wrong with my bikes, I sure miss this little flattie. When I get caught up on some stuff, I'd like to get another four-five project in my junk shop... somethin' I can rat bag in the dirt!!

#255 ·
Yup it was pretty O.K. A little too much chrome but I got it that way!!!

right on cory! out of all the harleys ive had the honor to ride, mine included,that 45" of yours had the nicest shifting tranny ever.....
It was pretty smooth and after getting past the "it ran when it was parked" phase it ended up being one of the most dependable bikes I've ever had. Hang on to yours man.

#258 ·
Well, all these pictures made me get interested in mine again. I'll see how long before something shiny pulls my short attention span away again. Been trying some ideas out and I think I'm going to go with an early Sporty front end (the later one on it is just for mock up, I need parts yet for the one I'm going to use), the narrow round rear fender, some left over bars from my junk piles and finish the narrowed fat bob tanks I started six or eight months ago. I figure worst case I can end up on the ugly funny thread.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

#259 ·
Well, all these pictures made me get interested in mine again. I'll see how long before something shiny pulls my short attention span away again. Been trying some ideas out and I think I'm going to go with an early Sporty front end (the later one on it is just for mock up, I need parts yet for the one I'm going to use), the narrow round rear fender, some left over bars from my junk piles and finish the narrowed fat bob tanks I started six or eight months ago. I figure worst case I can end up on the ugly funny thread.

View attachment 71522 View attachment 71523 View attachment 71524
thats a sharp lookin machine,,,,very nice!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.