Jockey Journal Forum banner

Post your 45'' pics, please!

182K views 418 replies 200 participants last post by  oldsmokey 
#1 ·
Bobbers, stockers... It's all good...

See less See more
#78 ·
Matthew, holy shit. I've been staring at that photo as my desktop background on my computer for about six months now. I don't get tired of looking at it. Ever.

Here's my humble contribution, a 1952 also, but that is about all it's got in common with that WRTT.

For what it's worth, I think this is the best thread on here in some time. Lots of highly-modified bikes from Featherbeds to Magnums it's just cool old shit.

#83 ·
Thanks Matt. The PO told me it was an "XR" springer. I've never been able to find info on such a beast, so I think he meant the 2 3/8" longer army model called the "XA". (Page 46 of Palmer's book.) Is WLC a Canadian model like the ELC? I'd be interested in any insight you or others may have on this front end.

From a purely aesthetic view I could see this being a fork that a guy back in the day might choose to make his 45 solo a better gravel road bomber, so I kinda like it. Since this bike is a G-engined mutt, I wasn't interested in trying to make it into any kind of pure resto. (Also, the majority of the work I've done to it has been of the subtractive sort, all the real work was done by the last guy.)

Your photo bucket albums are great as is the Carl's link, thanks. I was hoping SD meant San Diego...

#85 ·
Thanks Matt. The PO told me it was an "XR" springer. I've never been able to find info on such a beast, so I think he meant the 2 3/8" longer army model called the "XA". (Page 46 of Palmer's book.) Is WLC a Canadian model like the ELC? I'd be interested in any insight you or others may have on this front end.

XA forks had a 1 inch stem, 45s had a 7/8 stem. I am not really hip on the 45 stuff, but I know some of the early wlas (like 40 and 41) used them.
Those forks make great bobber frontends. I have seen a lot of them on old hill climbers too.

Thanks for the kind words, and I like your 52

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.