Jockey Journal Forum banner

Post your 45'' pics, please!

182K views 418 replies 200 participants last post by  oldsmokey 
#1 ·
Bobbers, stockers... It's all good...

See less See more
#365 ·
No, two separate threads!

Look at the sticky on the main page that says "Our picture threads... Please check here before starting a new one."

Here is the link to that thread:

http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26975

Within that thread are links to various picture threads on the site. The link to the video thread is also within that thread as well.

I just removed the title from the last few posts that I moved over earlier. Those last few posts had the title from the other thread.

#380 ·
Hey you could mount a motel-room-size refrigerator on it and go sell ice cream in the park. One meets a lot of happy young women as a roving ice cream guy on a real nice tricycle.

Very fine-looking Servi-Car you have there, sir.

#384 ·
It is not a bolt on deal, there is some machine work required even when using the 45 inch K cylinders. One of the case studs is in a different location on the cylinder bases, and the tappet guides, cams, valve covers, and all associated parts need to be changed due to the valves being angle on a K. The porting on K cylinders is very similar to WR models so there should be some power increase. I ran one in the early 80s around Cleveland. Motor Cycle Specialties did the machine work and I assembled the motor. My bike had a Triumph pre unit transmission and a Honda rear wheel so I was able to adjust the gearing. I really don't know if I got enough power out of it to justify the cost, but it was a good looking motor. At one time Panic (Victory Library) discussed this modification in great depth. The article may still be on line for anyone wanting to do this.

#387 ·
Hank, I followed the build of the guy who just did similar for BF11, the amount of head work etc to get it to work properly was huge. I didn't realise how much it took to get it down. I believe you can get good power out of them though.

As mentioned Tatro works on all sorts of weird and wonderful, he's had big numbers from a 45". TROG is a perfect example of this though, people doubling the power at the wheel of WR's with some cam and flow works.

#385 ·
"... due to the valves being angle on a K."

Would it take this thread off topic if you said just a bit more? I assume the angle was for better breathing. Having a little difficulty making a mental image of how the top end would be laid out when the valve stems weren't perpendicular to the crank. If you know what I'm trying to say ... uh, duh ...

#388 ·
Well it's actually a cam lobe/tappet/valve stem alignment issue. Similar to building a 45 magnum. The 45 cam/tappet/valve stem alignment is at a different angle and you can't just bolt on the K cylinders/heads. You have to replace the 45 stuff with K parts.

#394 ·
That's a fine-looking bike, F. Freak, especially with the peanut tank. (Just my two cents, and only because the small tank plays up the engine as the bike's focal point. To me, when there's a lot going on around it, a 45" engine can get a little bit lost.) Thanks for showin' us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.