Jockey Journal Forum banner

The old Black Chrome, Who still does it ?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  magnum45pete 
#1 ·
You use to be able to get your items done in Black Chrome in the 70's. Does any one know of any place that still does the old Black Chrome or how it is made ? The new process of Black chrome actually turns the item a black gray color. It is not black chrome. And don't tell me the Chrome place in Utah does it.They use the new black gray process and call it black chrome. Here's a pic of real Black Chrome. I actually have had Chromeing places that supposedly did Black Chrome ask me where I got that . They have nothing that dark. Table Automotive tire Wood Fence Bumper

See less See more
#5 ·
I looked into it here in England a year or two ago and the old boy at the platers said it is easy to do and is done by using hi concentrates of Chromium and chemicals,.. nothing special but you need to find a platers willing to overload their tanks and maybe pay for the extra which for one or two items isn't economical for you, I would ask at as many platers as I could to find like I did a clever old boy who knows all about it,.. maybe he would be willing to do it at the end of a normal run when the chemicals are about to be changed,.... well worth asking about, you might be able to corner the market and make money from it...………….$00.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.