Jockey Journal Forum banner

Electronic ign recommendation

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Truckedup 
#1 ·
My 71 Tiger is moving to the front burner. I'm looking for recommendations for ignition system. Pazon vs Boyer. I'm running a stock alternator and small AGM batt. Let's hear what y'all think.

#2 ·
Pazon was kind of like Boyer 2.0., the technical fella left Boyer and developed the SureFire (?) ignition.

I've fitted Pazon system from scratch and had zero prob's.
Had a bike with Boyer and only prob' was it went to full retard spark when battery wouldn't hold a charge. I believe 10V and lower is the cut off point and all electronic systems, I understand, would be the same in that situation.

Also have a V twin with Lucas RITA ignition WTF! still going to give it one more try but they luckily are no longer manufactured. However Mistral make direct refined and replacement components. I don't know if they do a parallel twin set up or if they are even still in business.

There are probably other manufacturer's but my go to would be Pazon, if I can wire it up a monkey on the p*ss could do it.

ps otherwise having old m/c's I have fallen in love with magnetos, but on the Triumphs they always look exposed to impact damage.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input. I would love to get back to a mag. It had a Hunt back in the day, traded to fuel substance abuse. Would love to find an ARD set up. Anyone holding?

#9 ·
Both times it was the pick up unit.....I believe it was a design fault, probably corrected...I have used several the the less expensive Surefire's on street Triumphs..They worked well enough but one time my bike sheared the kickstart lock pin at a gas stop...Two guys pushed me but it would not bumpstart and I do know how to bump start a bike..Back home , fixed the kicker and it started on one kick, so who knows????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.