1980 custom shovelhead - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > The Jockey Journal Marketplace > The Swap Meet > Bikes For Sale

Old 10-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
grommet

Default 1980 custom shovelhead

City: Kingsland
State: GA
Price: 6500

SOLD !!!

This bike is a 1980 FLH shovelhead and it used to have a side car on it but no longer has one. The neck still has the steering dampner on it to tighten the steering when the car was attached. I bought this a year ago from a guy that needed money and while it was in good shape with a nice paint job, I felt that it needed something more.

I started with the tanks and added a 5 inch stretch to them, I didnt add to the fuel capacity of the tank just the sheet metal. I bought another rear fender off of a 2001 road king and added 8 inches of it to the original rear
fender and then used the bottom 6 inches off of it the add the the original front fender. This put them down where harley should have put them to begin with. I then did the body work and painted them House of Kolor "Kosmic Kandy Purple" over a silver base coat.

Engine is stock and the owner stated that it had been rebuilt 4,000 miles before I bought it, I have put maybe 1,000-=1,500 on it...not sure since it doesnt have the speedometer hooked up. It does leak a little oil as do all old shovelheads but it does start right up and rides nice. It has a S&S super E carb, an ultima 6 speed transmission with a BDL 3" open drive belt primary. It has a 21" 40 spoke front wheel and a 16" 40 spoke rear wheel. 8" mini ape hangers with an internal throttle set up, no visible wiring or switches.

I then added a new vintage saddle seat to it and frenched the license plate. I have a light bar set and a fairing that will go with it....I will also add all of the extra parts that I have to the auction.......round oil tank, handle bars, the seat that came on it and some other miscellaneous parts. I have added a few pics of what it used to look like.

TRADES CONSIDERED (50's model cars and trucks--camaro--mustang--nova--chevelle

Thanks
Grommet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120902_151751.jpg
Views:	542
Size:	804.9 KB
ID:	80180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20120902_151807.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	740.7 KB