Jockey Journal Forum banner

Dick Gambino's café

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  highcomp 
#1 ·
I didn't want this to be forever buried in a 1,000 post thread, so I thought I'd bump this beautiful bike with a thread of it's own.
The words "craftsmanship", "vision" and "artistry" get batted around and often applied improperly...but in this case they fit perfectly.

See less See more
#15 ·
...great motorcycle.
I have two questions:
How do he (or other) would obtain that smooth curved surface on the fairing? I mean, after all those hits (hammer at)...or he did not hit the curved areas?

-How the photographer got the permit to shoot the bike inside a museum?

#17 ·
The question is not how did he not hit the smooth curved areas. The question is how did HE make the smooth curved areas in the first place! Every part that is not frame or motor started life as a thin 4x8 sheet of metal. Perfectly flat. He cut and hammered all that you see. One small hammer blow at a time.

The gas tank, he made a from flat sheet also. The tail section he started to hammer out at 3am, finished it at 9am. I know because I'm the one that ground down the welds and prepped it for the polisher to get it back for a noon deadline, same day.

#18 ·
I didn't want this to be forever buried in a 1,000 post thread, so I thought I'd bump this beautiful bike with a thread of it's own.
The words "craftsmanship", "vision" and "artistry" get batted around and often applied improperly...but in this case they fit perfectly.

To help relay what i stated above. Underneath that headlight bubble shield is the FLAT sheet of aluminum that the entire body and those sexy curves was hand hammered from. Just a master craftstman at work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.