Jockey Journal Forum banner

vintage pics o' the day

506K views 1K replies 378 participants last post by  Ratso 
#1 ·
enjoy.

Attachments

See less See more
#799 ·
there are a more pics of this bike over on the Jalopy Journal H.A.M.B. under the title "The Kustomrama survivor 55 Ford" Pretty Kool story about the truck, the owner, Von Dutch, George Barris, and Dean Jeffries etc.

Attachments

#801 ·
The city of Rosemead is part of Los Angeles. In 1966 Laidlaw's Harley-Davidson - the local dealer - had a little side business building and selling choppers. Here Bob Greene of Peterson Publishing chats with Oskar the shop manager about their bikes.
By 1970 AMF made sure that did not happen anymore and Laidlaws became infamous for refusing to service customized bikes.

#802 ·
"We wanna be free! We wanna be free to do what we wanna do. We wanna be free to ride. We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man! ... And we wanna get loaded. And we wanna have a good time. And that's what we are gonna do. We are gonna have a good time... We are gonna have a party."

Heavenly Blues...The Wild Angels :cool:

#805 ·
in new jersey nov 1948

Attachments

#807 ·
Geo those bikes were more than likely sand racers a couple of years ago they brought back that same racing on the beach they were doing in the 1930s to the late 40s ( look along the trailer rear it has writing ) at the jersey shore only tank shift original installed on bikes allowed -- i do not have pictures but i am sure someone posted some after this years race

looks as if you could really control the bike in soft damp sand with those bars

#813 ·
Mr Schaller was a very clever guy,
He developed and patented the 1/4 speed cam,Using Two lobes per cam "profile" this was to eliminate valve train harmonics with hi rpm engines .His prototype was with a HD 74" big twin .He then developed the system for small block chevy's
Thanks for posting those cool El Mirage shots have you got anymore ,as there were quite a few very cool bikes at that meeting

#823 · (Edited)
1955 I believe. It was an outlaw track in Maryland called Vista. If you look at the background the crowd is predominately black. Don't know anything about #23 but #4 was Freddie Kretz. Dad said he was fast and a really nice guy. Dad said the best thing about racing Vista (besides the great food) was the payout was cash money. That's all I've got Dad's been gone since '97.

This post has been deleted
#827 ·
she was in a 80's (I think) TV movie called "The Return of The Eagle Rock Rebels" about a group of former 50's club members reviving their old club to fight against a new badass club terrorizing Barbara Edens characters lakeside resort. Lee Majors was the leader of the Old guys. This may be a pic from it. I've seen worse biker flics, Well maybe not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.