1968 Sportster XLH - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > The Jockey Journal Marketplace > The Swap Meet > Bikes For Sale

Old 04-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #1
MobyNick

Default 1968 Sportster XLH

City: Phoenix
State: AZ
Price: SOLD

1968 XLH Sportster project. The bike is fairly complete. It's missing an oil tank, battery box, rear fender, seat, primary cover, and a few other incidentals. I don't know much about the bike beyond what the previous owner told me, which was that it was running until it was taken apart to do some work to the primary - and then it started getting picked over for spare parts. It has a good VIN and title, correct frame, front end and rear wheel. It has an early tank with a couple dents and bad paint, but the inside will clean up well. The carb is a fairly new Bendix.The wiring on the bike is a rats nest and I've cut most of it out already. The cases have the typical Ironhead repair area near the kicker. I would treat the bike as a project that needs to be combed over completely, but you can own a pre 70 Harley with a clean title and clean cases for well under $2000. Call me at (480) 620-3749, or email me at [email protected].

SOLD

Last edited by MobyNick; 05-04-2011 at 12:25 AM.
MobyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 12:17 PM   #2
skinner784

Default Re: 1968 Sportster XLH

you wouldnt be interested in a trade with some cash would you i have a 1962 preunit triumph that i am asking 1500 but thats not firm its mostly there just borke down the same story really guy broke it down to rebuild and never got around to it
skinner784 is offline   Reply With Quote