12V for pan - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Old 01-14-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Greenbikemike

Default 12V for pan

I need to order a 12V battery for a kick only pan,.10 over,mild cam,stock or maybe a Mallory ing.on it,wish bone frame and stock horse shoe tank,and a cycle electric generator,came up with these,YUASA YTX9,YTZ14,Deka ETX9.Question is, I'm not sure if thats a low voltage generator or not,it does have a little red light on it if that helps,I can't get at it right now to look at and get a number off it,so I'm not sure what battery I need or if these batteries will work.....and yup,I did a search first....
Thanks,
GBM

I'm just am amateur but....a amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic!
Greenbikemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #2
Greenbikemike

Default Re: 12V for pan

Thanks,its a 52 FL and I have that 12 v set up already,but don't know if its low or high volt generator,all I know is its got a little red light on the end of it. If I could get at it,I could get me a number,but right now,the generator is in my trailer......and it rained here last week......and now its like 8 degrees so.....one big ice cube....sooo....I'm just get'n a list of parts and wanted to get the right battery for it,or will these batteries work with either low or high out put....
Thanks again,
GBM

I'm just am amateur but....a amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic!

Last edited by Greenbikemike; 01-14-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:03 PM   #3
old.wrench

If it has a little red light on it I don't think it's a cycle electric unit. As far as I know the C.E. units don't have the lights on the endcap.

"hony swacky mally asbestos"

old.wrench is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
Greenbikemike

Thanks guys,I guess I just thought it was a cycle electric,looks like the one on my genny shovel,....'cept for the light....so,will it matter what battery to get....
Thanks,
GBM

Old 01-14-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
JAWS

Overcharge?

Now I'm curious. My 49 is 12v. When I used to rebuild the gennies and alternators, used to set the old mechanical regs to open the field at a certain voltage. How can a regulator if working properly, overcharge a battery? Current stops once the voltage reaches the limit preset.

Maybe I missed something.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #6
JAWS

I see. You are talking overcharge and overcapacity to discharge based on the physical battery size. Trying to stuff 10 pounds of shit in a 5 pound bag.

In that case the hot oil bag and a gennie trying to keep up with the demand, pumping tons of current through that small case and plates would absolutely cook it/boil it out.

These low output regs are set to limit max current the will allow the gennie to make? They do have preset voltage limit I assume, but like the settings on the old trusty shop charger, the amps is regulated also?

What is the standard charge rate for these low amp regs? vs. a high amp?

I may be in need of one myself in the near future.

Thanks for the schoolin.