Jockey Journal Forum banner

Just bought my first Chop, a Triumph

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  anakha 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well I've been a member of these forums even before the Metric stuff got thrown out of here, so haven't had much to talk about since then, as the bike I had was a metric built Bobber using a late model Kawasaki as the base. (see blue bike)

But I'm now happy to announce that I have just sold that bike, and now my second bike is a Triumph and cooler than I could have hoped for even before I've attacked it wih my ideas.

This hot little scoot is running a 1971 750cc motor, racing 5 speed gearbox (which does not require the clutch for changes), custom made stretched rigid frame, coffin tank, front and rear disk brakes, hydraulic clutch, the bike has been fully rebuilt and just relicensed here in Western Australia. It's registered as a 1952? from memory so is pre-compliance and so doesn't legally need junk like indicators, speedo and other crap, it's just pure hardcore old school Chop

I pick it up tomorrow night and just cannot wait to start tearing around on it.

Obviously I'll supply more detailed pictures once I have it home, the one shown was from the online advert.

See less See more
#4 ·
cool i knew i recognize your nick from somewhere. can i ask how much you got the triumph for? i'm looking for a project bike. i think i'm gonna go with a yammie XS650. a cheaper option. a triumph would be nice but out of my price range atm.
have fun riding

PSB = Perth Street Bikes forum

#9 ·
Got the Triumph Chop home - Pics :)

Well got the thing home safely last night and it rides like a beast!! It's got some serious mumbo, and I only got up to 4th gear once rest of the way was 3rd gear, never needed 5th?!?!

I was expecting the ride on the rigid to be rough, but it didn't feel much different to my last bike, so I probably won't bother swapping to a sprung seat at this stage.

Here's what you want though, the pics :)

You can see here the trick setup to adapt a hydraulic master cyclinder for the rear disk brake.

The engine is super clean, and you can see the brand spanking new Amal carbs.

You can't see it here but the paint on the tins is actually a very very dark metallic blue. The hand controls for the hydraulic clutch and front brake look to be new and are Brembo items!

#11 · (Edited)
mate how do you get away with no indicators?
He said in the first post it's registered as a 1952 model....for "pre-compliance".

That fact could get it confiscated from roadside over here....

And sombody blew a lotta smoke at him about a "race transmission that didnt need clutch for gearchange".

And for all that high-$$ "engineering", ridden enough, he will soon regret that they left out any provision for the top engine mount (head steady).

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.