Bsa B31 help. - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Old 07-10-2008, 04:18 AM   #1
flywheel

Default Bsa B31 help.

I have been looking all over and im about to blow a gasket. I cant find anything for this bike. Some people say parts are everywhere. I cant find anything I need. I whent to google and put in BSA B31 and got crap. Aney help would be grate. This bike could be killer, It has a grinder frount end rigged frame. engine turns. Im now getting the frame stripped and scraping the steel 19" rims for alloys. Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 05:48 AM   #2
steinauge

Default Re: Bsa B31 help.

IIRC and I may not the B31 is the B33s little brother.It should be an iron head 350cc pushrod OHV single.If you try the AMCA website I bet you will find someone to help you out.That bike is a very typical Brit single of the period and is not difficult to work on.I owned a b33 once and I believe I got things like rings and electrical parts from MAP cycle.You might also try Domiracer for parts.HTH
steinauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:00 AM   #3
Destralo Roach

Yes its a 350cc ironhead single, my brother fly needs a geny/mag witch came on any preunit BSA single, the guts are shot on the gen/mag, so if any one has parts to rebuild it, thats what it needs right now to run.

I heard that Dommi racer was out of buisnes? did some one else buy them and keep Dommi going?

..............Roach.

Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 AM   #4
steinauge

I believe so,a guy I work with recently bought some parts for his Matchless G80 from them.I will ask him when he comes in.What exactly is shot in the mag\dyno?Those are usually pretty repairable.
steinauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:27 AM   #5
flywheel

The bike came from India. The kid that got it said it was running when he got it but when it got here it would not run. Swiched parts. The mag has no good parts in it. There is no way this bike ran with this mag. and the carb is about the same. The gen is sized. The gear for the gen has no teeth at all. Roach has not seen this yet but I pulled the pri off last night and the clutch disks fell out in a million pices. bearings are shot. just a huge mess.
Old 07-10-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Arcturus

It'll take a few weeks to get to you I guess, but Draganfly has been able to get me just about everything I've needed for the B33.
Arcturus is offline   Reply With Quote