T110 Rocker Oil flow - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Old 10-01-2019, 03:45 AM   #1
Hemroid

Default T110 Rocker Oil flow

Banging my head against the wall for 6 hrs striping and building various rocker assemblies for my 58 T110!

My newly built engine is abit tappy so to speak and then i realised the rocker assemblies are very dry, (i am getting oil up the pipe). I put a hose on the spindles and couldn't blow at all! I stripped the boxes cleaned the spindles and rockers and put them back together the only way possible which i believe is correct. i can only get the slightest blow through and when i put oil in the hose and blow it doesnt come through anywhere and i cant blow at all untill i clean the parts again.

Would the heated up oil pass though? maybe i should try water as a test?

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks Steve
Hemroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2019, 04:43 AM   #2
Tricky-Ricky

Default Re: T110 Rocker Oil flow

Sounds like there is still some kind of blockage...maybe its cooked oil debris stuck somewhere in the drillings or the metal feed pipe, i always used to restrict the flow on most of the Triumphs i have built as there is too much oil.

Having said that how have you got the feed set up? is the oil tank std and does the return T produce oil?
Tricky-Ricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 04:51 AM   #3
Hemroid

ive blown through all the airways when the parts are apart with carb cleaner and all seem fine its just when there together its almost impossible to get any breath through.

Im actually running a Cub oil tank (yes i know this is small) which does have the T pipe, this is ok though as oil is pumping out of the rocker feed pipe.

Old 10-01-2019, 03:15 PM   #4
Tricky-Ricky

I would run a long drill or wire through the main rocker shaft and the same through the small drillings as well as using carb cleaner and see if that frees things up as its got to be down to a blockage you wont shift it without some mechanical cleaning.
Old 10-02-2019, 02:43 AM   #5
Hemroid

Thanks. Yeah i did that last night and reassembled. Still hard to get a blow through but when i tried blowing a small amount of water though it did trickle out of the rockers. When doing this with oil it seems to just block up.

I think i just cant blow hard enough and when the pump is doing it and the oil is warm it will probably be alright. They must be limited abit so not to much oil flows though.
Old 10-02-2019, 05:03 AM   #6
Tricky-Ricky

Normally apart from the return tube in the oil tank being well above the oil level which helps with the feed the top of the return tube is usually crimped slightly to cause a restriction which helps to force oil through the rocker feed...most of mine i have had to restrict...hows your oil pump?
Obviously the oil tank position in relation to the pump is also going to have an effect.

I fit a restrictor jet to my T160 but then that has a gear pump and have much better flow.
Put it all back and run until hot an then remove the adjuster cap and see how much oil is getting to the rockers.