Continuing a tradition - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > The Jockey Journal Marketplace > The Swap Meet > Wanted

Old 09-28-2020, 10:15 AM   #1
corbis820

Default Continuing a tradition

I've put a ton of thought into how to even approach this question and every time I come up empty. In the last 3 years of my life I have lost my 'pillars of life' Those sages who always had wisdom for me. I miss Russ. Every. Single. Day.

So, when I bought my sportster basket case I developed a friendship that no words could every express. It was a project that blossomed and got built. It was loved. Now, I stand on the precipice of a new project. Something unrelated to the motorcycle world, but something we can all relate to. The memory of a man who touched all of us in his own way. His truck. A 1972 C30 flatbed.

I've put much though into how I wanted to fix it up. My first was just to buy a cab and start there, but the more I thought about it, that's NOT how he would have done it. He would have gotten all of the patch panels and parts and done it the hard way, taking his time to make everything perfect. That was the core of who he was.

Mechanically, the truck is in great shape. Where my issue exists is the lack of welding experience/knowledge to fix what is broken and make this truck a rolling memory to our friend and mentor.

Is there anyone in the Orlando, Florida area that can help me out. I consider this the next great adventure/mentorship. I'm more than willing to pay you for your time and materials in an effort to learn a new skill. All I have is time.

J
corbis820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2020, 02:19 PM   #2
joe49

Default Re: Continuing a tradition

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...7s+fabrication
This will get you thru it. This guy is great.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:34 PM   #3
CookieMonster

Default Re: Continuing a tradition

Try the HAMB but Russell would probably say just get stuck in.

How is his wife Patti, if you’re in touch?
CookieMonster is offline   Reply With Quote