Jockey Journal Forum banner

sportster mock up advice sought

5K views 24 replies 13 participants last post by  JAWS 
#1 ·

This is one of the current projects. I am thinking of running the Buell oil tank...not quite sure. It has its advantages and disadvantages. How does it look? Also the seat is one of those Corbin Triumph seats, I just threw it on there to see how it sits. I think I'd like to make the seat similar to this (humped) as apposed to the flat track style "tail section". Also thinking of a Buellesque (is that really a word? it is now as far as I am concerned) stainless exhaust system. Feedback from the style gurus needed as I am always out of style...

See less See more
#13 ·
Goat,
there are a few Guys going your route, I know of a Guy fitting an XR750 motor in a featherbed frame, I know that you are aware of the Incredible patience needed to make it work, everytime I need a spacer or something welded I need to wait as I do not have a shop like this, Your Motor Sprocket to Rear Sprocket is the Major #1 concern, you will make it happen I am sure, what I did admire about the Tube Frame Buells was the Lightness, nothing like a 400 lb (or lighter) Sportster..Good Luck..
Monte

#18 ·
Names Matt. I help out at the shop in my down time and will be assisting in this build with most of the fabrication work. Im no expert fabricator by any means but I know a little bit and we have some pretty cool plans for this thing. My dad will also be helping bacause he's laid off and bored. He is a great fabricator, so rest assured, all the things I mess up, he'll show me how to fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.