Fesh Meat... - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > New? Introduce yourself here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
+medic+

Default Fesh Meat...

My Name's Daniel but I go by +Medic+(long story). I'm a pediatric nurse at Rainbow Babies and Children Hospital in the ICU, in Cleveland, Ohio(Best City Ever!) hahaha started riding in 2005, bought a Honda shadow and made personal goal that after I graduated nursing school I would build a bike from the ground up.......then you meet your wife and have a kid and dreams get pushed back and the first bike you ever had, gets sold(i know what you're thinking but it was my decision not my wife's hahaha... she told me to keep it!) but we needed the money. that day was hard! long story short i saw a documentary on cafe racers and became inspired! I fell in love with the style and told myself...."that's the kind of bike I wanna build!"
I'm in a research mode, because I've never worked on any engine before(though I am mechanically inclined and learn fast) I ask for any resources you guys can suggest would be much appreciated! And I've been sketching all the ideas that my brain has been spewing! I'm not looking to have a vintage restoration but i would like it to look vintage custom.
+MEDIC+
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
+medic+

Default Re: Fesh Meat...

my brother's band plays at the garage bar.... scoliosis jones, and i saw that norton its bitchin! thanks for the welcome, but why should I stay away? haha

Last edited by +medic+; 10-23-2010 at 09:32 AM.
Old 10-23-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
+medic+

Default Re: Fesh Meat...

my friend told me to grab a honda cb frame from around the 70's, he said it would be easier to find compatable parts.... i want it to have a norton/triumph look! and i really like the look of the side mounted motors! how many cafe racers have you worked on?