Jockey Journal Forum banner

Gas Tank Dent Repair, Charleston SC

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  Tito 
#1 ·
I have a BSA Thunderbolt tank with a few dents. Can any one reccomend a shop that does dent repair between Myrtle Beach and Brunswick GA?

thanks Tim

#7 ·
Hold on, let me go beat a dent back in it and grab the camera... hahaha. Seriously though, next time I'm using it I'll try and remember to video it. It's an awesome idea that I wish I had come up with. Instead of the little brass coated steel weld pins, its these little hard plastic pins, with a big surface contact area. Just an industrial glue gun, with regular glue sticks, and a modified slide hammer. Kinda nice not having to worry about igniting the gas fumes inside!

-A.

#8 ·
Just remember all hot glue is NOT the same... some is "harder" than others needing a hotter gun, if you are not careful you can damage the paint.
If the paint isn't "creased" or has hard corners this should work... If it is a small indentation give it a shot... all else fails heat it, then hit it with dry ice (you can get it at most supermarkets now). remember the dry ice can burn...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.