Kustom 1959 pre unit by Angry Monkey Motorcycles - Page 8 - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Old 05-09-2012, 12:33 PM   #141
Rob Axel

Default Re: Kustom 1959 pre unit by Angry Monkey Motorcycles

Dan....what are the chances of getting Jameson on line for a build......there is nothing like a good ole Irish whiskey ....I'm in to assist if they send a large amount of "samples"!
Just a little (bad) humor .....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2012, 01:20 PM   #142
supercrouton

Ha! Thanks for the kind words guys!

You know what the best part of the whole bike thing is? The people. The Aussie client, Shane, who sent me the rum and etched glasses as a gift, I mean, who does that? (The rum was incredible BTW). He is a great friend, and is not the only one. Justin (Black Adder’s owner, and VP of marketing and sales of one of the largest companies on the planet), helped me greatly with my website ideas, and logo concepts, and general marketing strategies, at no cost. My current client, Ryan, he is just a super loyal and enthusiastic guy to work with too. Brandon C, Brian J, Nick (the artist), The Japanese clients who don’t even speak English, they’ve all been amazing!

The guys I build for, and the guys I deal with on this board, are consistently GREAT guys. Yes, there is the occasional troll, but the vast majority here on the jj, and elsewhere, have been a great inspiration for me, and I’m sure, others who endeavor to build a good bike.
My bikes are “formulaic”, I admit it freely. I truly admire and respect builders that can consistently crank out COMPLETELY different, and awesome machines each time; like Clay’s (hillbillyhell) dirt-bike and others, Carl’s (super rat), well EVERYTHING he makes! Dave’s (HCC) oil in frame bikes, (astek)'s bikes, Jeff's (Bozi), and of course the "garage builders" that are crafting their bikes one at a time in their shed or garage.

Bottom line; As long as I get to build old bikes (the same, or different) for client who want them, and get to continue to work with the guys here on the jj, like the ones who have commented above on this thread and others, well, that’ll be fine by me.

Cheers, Dan.

Angry Monkey Motorcycles official website

Last edited by supercrouton; 05-10-2012 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Sphellling.
supercrouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:57 PM   #143
hillbillyhell

Oh stop it, you think I'm a dick. hahahahahah

By the way, best way to never deal with non English speaking japanese customers.....name your business Atom Bomb. Really. I get no love from Japan. They probably don't have any distaste for Angry Monkeys though.
hillbillyhell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2012, 02:15 PM   #144
supercrouton

Holy freakin' crap! I never made that connection! atom bomb, huh. Oh, and I don't think that of you Clay. In fact, I don't remember the last time I thought at all. Ha ha! You're awesome and you know it, ya turd! keep up the great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbillyhell View Post
Oh stop it, you think I'm a dick. hahahahahah

By the way, best way to never deal with non English speaking japanese customers.....name your business Atom Bomb. Really. I get no love from Japan. They probably don't have any distaste for Angry Monkeys though.

Angry Monkey Motorcycles official website
supercrouton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:18 PM   #145
HCC

Dan, i am glad someone likes the redheaded stepchild bikes I build. What some people don't understand, is when someone gives you a decent chunk of change to build a bike for them, it is bad form to build them something different. I think we all would like a mountain of cash so that we could build whatever we want.
HCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 04:13 PM   #146
skinthead

You know, more than your builds, and the very attractive model in the pics, I appreciate your modesty more than anything. You sir are an ARTIST! Very very nice work, and the attention to detail is INCREDIBLE!

I enjoy reading and looking through all you guys builds, but the thing I like most is that as talented as all of you are, you are not all swelled headed about it. Each and every one of you have shown beautiful work, a top notch level of talent, and still stay modest after MULTIPLE magazine shoots of your work. Kudos to you sir, and to all the rest of you here!

God, I love being on the JJ! This is the greatest circle of talent around!

Doc
Old 05-09-2012, 04:28 PM   #147
sandergecko

Skinthead get a hold of yourself!
Without getting sentimental this time, you are right though, as is Dan.

I like to add to that that not only the builders but also the admirers make the JJ a nice place. I had so many positive responses to my build it was really humbling. I did not expect that with all the haters on here.

Down with the haters!

GET FLAKED!
sandergecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #148
reverb

...I can say in response of the guy that do not like that are all the "same" is that in some cases that, is perceived as Style.
Some like it some do not, like The Rolling Stones, to name something.
I think this guy, Supercrouton found his style and the bikes look top notch (like I mentioned from day one) but seems too, that he s got a very thin skin and do not like any type of criticism. Yes, I criticized some functional aspect of his bikes (Im a designer) but in a truly genuine way (you know, in design aesthetics and functionality not always go side by side)

So Supercrouton has his niche; they still are motorcycles not like the "theme" bikes we all know, that are more like a symbolic thing.

Hope man you can understand my point
reverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #149
skinthead

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandergecko View Post
Skinthead get a hold of yourself!
Without getting sentimental this time, you are right though, as is Dan.

I like to add to that that not only the builders but also the admirers make the JJ a nice place. I had so many positive responses to my build it was really humbling. I did not expect that with all the haters on here.

Down with the haters!
Dood! I do HATE your build though! i hate that I can't ride the hell out of it like it screams to be ridden! HAHAHAHAAH!

I HATE that it isn't in MY garage! How is that for HATE?! HAHAHAHA!
Old 05-09-2012, 09:06 PM   #150
VonWegener

Dan has created his own brand and standard. Building the "same" bike over and over again is smart business because the next customer fell in love with an already finished bike and wants one like it.
Whether some guy on the internet digs it or not has absolutely no meaning. I personally appreciate the detail work and the fact that he shares all that with us.
And yes I believe he should be thin skinned and attack all naysayers vigorously.

VonWegener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #151
skinthead

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonwegener View Post
dan has created his own brand and standard. Building the "same" bike over and over again is smart business because the next customer fell in love with an already finished bike and wants one like it.
Whether some guy on the internet digs it or not has absolutely no meaning. I personally appreciate the detail work and the fact that he shares all that with us.
And yes i believe he should be thin skinned and attack all naysayers vigorously.
agreed!
Old 05-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #152
calicruiser

Dan's bikes are incredible! the detail and craftsmanship is top notch in my book. I worked for a shop for 3yrs and we built ground up jap choppers (some call them bobbers). They ALL had the same "look" just different wheel comobs, tanks, paint, bars, etc. But overall, the same looking bike. We built (and sold) 22 bikes while I was there. People saw them, liked them and wanted one similar to it. There is nothing wrong with that, as someone mentioned, it is good business!!! You have a formula for a killer scoot and you stick with it. Nothing wrong with that!
calicruiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
angry monkey, build thread, kustom, pre unit, supercrouton