Bring JJ back to life!! - Page 2 - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > General Discussion > The Board

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 10:19 AM   #21
thefrenchowl

Default Re: Bring JJ back to life!!

It's a personal problem...

So as not to put the blame on anybody, I'll use an analogy...

As well as building bikes, I like cooking...

Well I tell you, it usually means spending at the minimum $150.00 per head in a restaurant before I get the feeling this is better cooking than at home...

Which means that I'm not specially big headed, but it's true that it's hard for me to find guys that levitates at my level. I don't mind explaining stuff, but if I have to do that 10 times a day, I will switch off and look somewhere else.

I try not to tell guys "you should do this or that", rather hope that what I post will open someone's eyes and show him a certain way to enjoy life away from the force feeding of TV and social medias...

Patrick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2019, 11:51 AM   #22
atch

I'm one of the guilty ones. I just looked and my last post was in April 2018. That's because I really don't have anything constructive to share with you folks. HOWEVER; I try to look in at least once a week and read several posts every time I log in.

Thanx to everyone who has posted information that I found useful and interesting.

So that makes me a taker but not giver. If I had anything to give I surely would.

(mike atchley)

<><
Old 01-31-2019, 12:06 PM   #23
Dan Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy24 View Post
Lets bring this board back to life
I don't even think it has died. Always some good stuff to read about.

https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic21807_5.gif

Blown Triple Build

Old 01-31-2019, 02:01 PM   #24
Goldy

It's far from dead, but I did notice that when a certain 'photo hosting site' got greedy it really hurt the number of postings that were showing up here.
Old 01-31-2019, 03:26 PM   #25
JAWS

That is absolutely true..... ^^^^
Old 01-31-2019, 04:33 PM   #26
Motor2Wheel

I check every day, myself, just don’t post much because I am at the fucking stage where I don’t have enough time to work on my shit. This board keeps me on track and thinking about what I’m going to do next when I actually do get back to my chop.
Old 01-31-2019, 11:45 PM   #27
Stormin

I'm hooked! I like to see the new builds. Not all my taste but that's OK. Enjoy it all.
Old 02-01-2019, 12:48 AM   #28
KELD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAWS View Post
That is absolutely true..... ^^^^
Yep
Old 02-01-2019, 02:12 AM   #29
Horst Heiler

I'm mostly here with questions and then JJ is like a big family - some can help you - some (who maybe could help) won't read your long posts (with no pictures) - and even some who just came out of a pub or bar will offend you (me) because they have other thoughts/meaning ... or because I am a fu..ing German ...
But I am still here ... from time to time
Old 02-01-2019, 04:33 AM   #30
Jeremy24

im glad to see some solid responses in here.

AHP Alphatig 201XD
Lincoln PowerMig 180
Atlas Series 3000 12" Lathe

______

68' Ironhead Chop
80' 80" Shovel Chop
68' Xlh (kick/electric) restore project
76' FX coneknuck-- w/panhead rear section (mechanical
brake etc.) and knuckle heads --- long term project
but in the works
Old 02-01-2019, 08:19 AM   #31
Truckedup

It's easy to say this place has gotten slack due to this or that....What I see is possibly a lack of laughing at yourself, and sometimes other guys..other words, don't be so fucking serious...
Old 02-01-2019, 08:36 AM   #32
Jeremy24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckedup View Post
It's easy to say this place has gotten slack due to this or that....What I see is possibly a lack of laughing at yourself, and sometimes other guys..other words, don't be so fucking serious...
Im about as off the wall and silly as they come, i live to not take life too serious

AHP Alphatig 201XD
Lincoln PowerMig 180
Atlas Series 3000 12" Lathe

______

68' Ironhead Chop
80' 80" Shovel Chop
68' Xlh (kick/electric) restore project
76' FX coneknuck-- w/panhead rear section (mechanical
brake etc.) and knuckle heads --- long term project
but in the works
Old 02-01-2019, 10:41 AM   #33
JasonMcElroy

I like motorcycles.

And beer.

And music.

And some other things.

Jason
Old 02-01-2019, 07:06 PM   #34
Deathtrapsinc

I am very guilty of harvesting information off here for years with no reciprocation. Mostly due to my serious lack of computer skills and being lazy about learning how to post pictures. There is a reason why I am into old shit and not anything with more than like 5 wires. I am a good mechanic, welder, and decent fabricator, but my knowledge on what parts are from what years, and what can fit what is limited. I know the bikes that I am currently working on and that's it. With that said, I vow to do my best to contribute when and where I can. And thanks to all of you living and dead whose posts have helped me get where I am now.
Old 02-02-2019, 05:03 PM   #35
Rob Axel

I am guilty of not being around lately. Yeah the greedy photo hosting site was part, but selling my shovel was also a part..
I miss supercrutons builds, and this place is #1 with getting any 650 triumph or shovel back on the road. I owe a ton of people here for their help...
And YES, seeing "Super Bs suck" or better yet EIs for Triumphs "Boyer Branson..blah blah blah" was getting old.. but that I can deal with .. it was the "baby sitting" with threads. I understand people want to keep this forum "special" and spacific... but honestly, just add another section for say new Triumph or Off topic stuff..
I recently dove into vintage Ho*das.. and spend time there..I had a moderator ask me why I spent Triumph as Tr**mph.. I informed him I didn't want to get a thread deleted.. he said it's all good here, no worries... some food for thought
I have learned .."if your not growing... your dying.."
Old 02-02-2019, 05:25 PM   #36
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Axel View Post
but honestly, just add another section for say new Triumph or Off topic stuff..
The "off topic" section came up numerous times in the past and was always kicked to the curb. Many forums out there have "off topic" sections. We saw no need for it then and I still don't see a need for it now.
Old 02-02-2019, 07:44 PM   #37
Medyo Bastos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Axel View Post
I am guilty of not being around lately. Yeah the greedy photo hosting site was part, but selling my shovel was also a part..
I miss supercrutons builds, and this place is #1 with getting any 650 triumph or shovel back on the road. I owe a ton of people here for their help...
And YES, seeing "Super Bs suck" or better yet EIs for Triumphs "Boyer Branson..blah blah blah" was getting old.. but that I can deal with .. it was the "baby sitting" with threads. I understand people want to keep this forum "special" and spacific... but honestly, just add another section for say new Triumph or Off topic stuff..
I recently dove into vintage Ho*das.. and spend time there..I had a moderator ask me why I spent Triumph as Tr**mph.. I informed him I didn't want to get a thread deleted.. he said it's all good here, no worries... some food for thought
I have learned .."if your not growing... your dying.."

Where did you spend time with vintage ho*das?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-02-2019, 07:52 PM   #38
Rob Axel

Ho*datwins.net
Old 02-03-2019, 09:07 AM   #39
[JP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD48FL View Post
The "off topic" section came up numerous times in the past and was always kicked to the curb. Many forums out there have "off topic" sections. We saw no need for it then and I still don't see a need for it now.
But couldnt it be that it's that off topic section that is making people go away somewhere else and not coming here that often?

I'm in other forums, bikes, welding, fabrication, hotrods..

all of them have an off topic section, and those section do get a lot of use, people go there for a good moan about anything..
and maybe that's where the facebook is gaining, when someone posts something, even if its only a photo of their bike saying it's snow and they miss the riding weather and everyone chips in and starts a conversation.

many times, these forums are the only friend someone has to come to and have a good chat with other people.
there's many lonely people out there that sometimes only want someone to chat to.

so they go to the off topic sections, for a read or to post.

and.... while they have logged in to have a chat there, they have a browse on the technical side and then chip in too.

just my 2p....

My 76 Shovelhead build - https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=100698

My 68 Genny Shovel - https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...d.php?t=128618
Old 02-03-2019, 09:38 AM   #40
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JP] View Post
But couldnt it be that it's that off topic section that is making people go away somewhere else and not coming here that often?

I'm in other forums, bikes, welding, fabrication, hotrods..

all of them have an off topic section, and those section do get a lot of use, people go there for a good moan about anything..
and maybe that's where the facebook is gaining, when someone posts something, even if its only a photo of their bike saying it's snow and they miss the riding weather and everyone chips in and starts a conversation.

many times, these forums are the only friend someone has to come to and have a good chat with other people.
there's many lonely people out there that sometimes only want someone to chat to.

so they go to the off topic sections, for a read or to post.

and.... while they have logged in to have a chat there, they have a browse on the technical side and then chip in too.

just my 2p....
I don't know if others are leaving here because other forums have off-topic sections.

You mentioned the posting a photo of a bike and saying it's snowing and missing the riding season. Just the other day a thread was started about "anybody else waiting for warmer weather", this one:

https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/...2656&showall=1

This is a perfect example, in my opinion, of what started off as a great thread and quickly turned into an off-topic thread. It started as a "this is what I'm doing over the winter on my bike" kind of update. But then many responses of what the weather is where people live. Anyone can find the weather elsewhere, the content was diluted after the first post. That could have been the perfect "winter mods" thread or the like, but it turned into a weather page.

This thread itself is another perfect example of a thread being off-topic in my opinion.

Since other forums have off-topic sections, my best advice is to frequent those places. We don't always go to the same place to eat or drink, over and over. Even if you have a favorite, there are always others. The concern here is that if you allow an off-topic section, then that mentality quickly spreads into normal posts and becomes a mess. There are other forums that have off-topic sections, but the off-topic mentality blends into the pertinent sections.