Paughco Frame + V-Twin Springer - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > The Jockey Journal Marketplace > The Swap Meet > Parts For Sale

Old 06-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #1
WillPhelps52

Default Paughco Frame + V-Twin Springer

City: Somerset
State: NJ
Price: 2500.00

I have a Paughco hardtail frame and V-Twin stock length offset springer front end with top tree. Also included is Sportster style tank (under tank mounts) and air shocks. The guy I bought the frame from never sent me paperwork. My engine is '57, so I never bothered with it.

No other parts included in package. Will only sell as a unit. You pay for actual shipping cost and crate.

More pictures tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PaughcoFrame.jpg
Views:	868
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	87369  

Last edited by WillPhelps52; 06-02-2013 at 07:39 AM.
WillPhelps52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #2
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Default Re: Paughco Frame + V-Twin Springer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillPhelps52 View Post
The guy I bought the frame from never sent me paperwork. My engine is '57, so I never bothered with it.
Contact Paughco to get an mso for that frame, they should be able to help. Anyone building a bike with it will need an mso to get it titled. Using a titled pre '70 motor only confuses things as once frame numbers are present, they supersede the engine numbers.
Old 06-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #3
WillPhelps52

I will sell the springer and top tree alone for $1300. Brand new. Bought the springer alone a year ago for 1600. Stock length V-Twin Chrome offset.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #4
CRAZYBEN

What Frame model is this and what size rear wheel?
CRAZYBEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #5
ralphiejantz

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD48FL View Post
Contact Paughco to get an mso for that frame, they should be able to help. Anyone building a bike with it will need an mso to get it titled. Using a titled pre '70 motor only confuses things as once frame numbers are present, they supersede the engine numbers.
Those frame numbers are not VIN numbers so a pre 1970 Harley motor goes in there just fine and stays titled as a Harley Davidson to the motor VIN still
no need for special construction titles

Its still a good idea to have an MSO for it (paughco will issue you a new one for like $15-$20 its an easy process) but do not put a pre '70 motor in it and then go change your Harley title over to a special construction that will absolutely kill the value on it
Biltwell Inc
Lowbrow Customs
Buchanans Spoke and Rim
Wargasser Speed Shop
Universal Vintage Tires
Paughco
V-Twin MFG.
Fab Kevin
Colony Machine
Morris Magneto
Baker Drivetrain
Boyle Custom Moto Air Cleaners
Andrews
Cycle Electric
ralphiejantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphiejantz View Post
Those frame numbers are not VIN numbers so a pre 1970 Harley motor goes in there just fine and stays titled as a Harley Davidson to the motor VIN still
no need for special construction titles
I respectfully disagree with the legalities of putting a pre '70 titled motor into an aftermarket frame that has numbers. The number on the frame is a serial number which is not tied into the vin/registration. That's why one would need to take the mso and get the bike titled as a special construction, regardless of whether a titled motor or not was used.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
WillPhelps52

I contacted Paughgo and the previous owner. Working on getting the MSO. Will sell the Springer seperately. With top clamp. $1300. Brand spankin' new.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #8
backwithabang

Depends how much of an outlaw you are, how much you are willing to risk, how many important politicians you may know, how strict your state is , whether its a daily or show bike, or how much of a Boy Scout you are.

Everyone around here is allowed to make their own choices playing the VIN game. They know the problems or pains in the ass to be letter of the law legal. Let them make it so this dude can sell a frame
backwithabang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #9
"LOUIE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by backwithabang View Post
Depends how much of an outlaw you are, how much you are willing to risk, how many important politicians you may know, how strict your state is , whether its a daily or show bike, or how much of a Boy Scout you are.

Everyone around here is allowed to make their own choices playing the VIN game. They know the problems or pains in the ass to be letter of the law legal. Let them make it so this dude can sell a frame
Well some people don't know that these Paughco frames are stamped with numbers. I think HD48FL is just trying to help fellow members from a big headache.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:42 PM   #10
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by "LOUIE" View Post
Well some people don't know that these Paughco frames are stamped with numbers. I think HD48FL is just trying to help fellow members from a big headache.
That's all!

Quote:

Exactly the point I'm trying to make, why take risk when you can do things the right way. Sometimes the easy way, ain't so easy.

I'm not trying to deter anyone from the frame, but a potential buyer should know what they're getting into. In fact, it was an earlier post of mine that mentioned for him to contact paughco, he did, and is now getting an mso. Bottom line, the frame is new and has an mso, it's going to be a special construction.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:01 AM   #11
backwithabang

special construction titles maybe easy in your state, but some suck.. people should be aware of that and do their research....

applying for one and the hoops you need to jump through and receipts to show, and the god awful actual DMV inspection is like the equivalent of anal probing. Plus you throw a legit say 62 pan in there and you end up with a 2013 title with no Ha/da after it, which I think is a damn tragedy.. and depending on your state you'll be running big ol signals, chain guards, front fenders, and front brakes.

I'm just saying people have to research. Actually a sticky with links to state inspection criteria and special construction/salvage builds would be helpful to a lot of new jacks jumping into this scene before they drop an old big twin in a frame or maybe just use a buell or evo instead..

thats all i'm saying.. or you can go darkside buy some real harley stamps on ebay and be very very meticulous. Not condoning it but shops do it all the time. Some states even let you get away with carrying the original stamped neck with you in a saddle bag
backwithabang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 09:01 AM   #12
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Quote:
special construction titles maybe easy in your state, but some suck.. people should be aware of that and do their research....

applying for one and the hoops you need to jump through and receipts to show, and the god awful actual DMV inspection is like the equivalent of anal probing. Plus you throw a legit say 62 pan in there and you end up with a 2013 title with no Ha/da after it, which I think is a damn tragedy.. and depending on your state you'll be running big ol signals, chain guards, front fenders, and front brakes.

I'm just saying people have to research. Actually a sticky with links to state inspection criteria and special construction/salvage builds would be helpful to a lot of new jacks jumping into this scene before they drop an old big twin in a frame or maybe just use a buell or evo instead..

thats all i'm saying.. or you can go darkside buy some real harley stamps on ebay and be very very meticulous. Not condoning it but shops do it all the time. Some states even let you get away with carrying the original stamped neck with you in a saddle bag
I would imagine that special contructions suck in all states and yes you'd lose that '62 Pan title and wind up with a special construction title (your scenario from above).

I get that and all I'm saying is do it right, those aftermarket frames (with numbers) are for special contructions, unless one wants to start removing/filing/etc. the numbers (not legit). This has been covered over and over on that main board. Some guys are looking for the easy way out to use an off the shelf frame with a vintage motor. Yeah, one can most likely get away with a titled pre '70 motor in a numbered aftermarket frame, but that doesn't make it right or a problem waiting to happen.

As I've said before, if you're using a titled pre '70 motor, just put it in a non-numbered frame, it's that simple, end of story.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #13
WillPhelps52

Price drop. Front end $1250 with top tree.
Frame $900 with gas tank and air ride.
Working on getting the MSO.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:14 AM   #14
WillPhelps52

I've got a 5" flat fender (new) I'll throw in with the frame.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:30 PM   #15
panhead_pete

Did you ever find out what model the frame is? Rake? Stretch? Rear brake? etc

Thanks
Pete
panhead_pete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frame, front end