Jockey Journal Forum banner

Mono Shock Shovel or Pan ?

6K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Friday 
#1 ·
I wonder if anyone ever built a mono shock swingarm big twin, based on the traditionnal 4 speed frame, with the shock under the seat (Vincent style).
I know it's been done numerous times on sportster but I wonder if it has been done on a shovel or a pan.
I know about this one below, but the frame is a complete one off and it looks very high tech modern.
What would be the result (and issues) if you attempt it on regular frame?

See less See more
#2 ·
Why stop there? Get a modern rubbermount power/trans unit and make the engine a structural member of the frame.
There are so many ways to build a bike - just like today's choices in lifestyles. Some are just not for me.....

#3 ·
Better handling, lighter weight, and easily and cheaply available as castoff parts from modern sport and dirtbikes. We then take the cheap parts, weld them onto our bike for little money (but a lot of beers), and ride faster.

Sounds pretty chopper to me.

Elek, maybe on a traditional FL/FX frame, you could get a monoshock mount welded up on the arm itself, and then the top mount on the tube that runs across the frame by the fender strut mounts.

I don't know if that swingarm location would provide enough travel for the shock to dampen effectively.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.