The Jockey Journal: Direction & Changes - Page 2 - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 02:44 PM   #21
boondocker
Banned

Default Re: The Jockey Journal: Direction & Changes

Cool Ryan,
I hope this brings some of the quality builders back to the board that have gone silent... I ride a jap cafe but I'll still be here to read and absorb... I'll prolly be working a little more on my Brit bike too.

This is a great board and a great source of inspiration.
Thanks for all the work that you all and the moderators put into it.

Cheers,
Claude
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2008, 02:45 PM   #22
Scorcher
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Scorcher Send a message via Yahoo to Scorcher

Another thing that was left out......

Events.

ALL Events if, are going to be here will go to the "Calender" All ads for events will be deleted on the main board. Event coverage is still welcome on the main board.

Here is a link, or the link can be found at the top of the forum:

https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/calendar.php

-Jason

Last edited by Scorcher; 07-28-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #23
joe-the-fish

Nice it was gettin a little xs sixfiftyish on here, not that I haven't seen a few I like.

Old 07-28-2008, 02:48 PM   #24
CShroom

I guess this begs to be asked.

What are those limits gonna be? I mean, I am piecing together a true 70's chop. Is that off limits now? What does "occasional" mean exactly? I like seeing all the different styles of bikes. I do have a soft spot for the 70's styles more than any other, but definitely can see the beauty in other styles also.

So while you say these things are being changed, you are pretty vague on what the lock down will be.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #25
Kev Nemo

So when a thread with Jap content is posted, it will be autolocked until posting stops? Wonder how long it'll take til it sinks in...

The cb750 is the first in the stable, but I'm pretty sure there's a Trump in my future. This'll definately benefit everyone.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #26
shook

Also, is there anything that can be done to cut back on the "my bike won't start" posts?
I would like to think that the members of this board know the proper steps and research to take for the really basic stuff...

Last edited by shook; 07-28-2008 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:52 PM   #27
Spiderman

この停止新参者intro' sか。
Old 07-28-2008, 02:53 PM   #28
lowlife_slim

makes sense, but i hope this place doesnt go all HAMBy in the attitude department. why not just do a sub-forum for the Japanese builds?

looking forward to seeing some of the new features.

Last edited by lowlife_slim; 07-28-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #29
JLeather

I don't really see how an Evo in a Flyrite frame is any more "traditional" than a CB750. The Denver's post was one the best I've read on here ever. Is shit like that gonna get auto-locked to be replaced by "look what I did with my Buell engine"? I'll still hang here as well, but I too liked seeing the real honest 70's jap stuff. Yeah, the XS650 bobber stuff is outta hand, but sometimes there's good shit too.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #30
magnet

I don't have anything against jap crap.. err i mean jap bikes :-) .. some quality engineering and technical machine work went into them.

But ...

"traditionally influenced Euro and American bikes only" i think is a good idea..

.. but the emphasis on "traditionally influenced" shouldn't be taken lightly.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #31
Matt289

Send a message via Yahoo to Matt289

EDIT:
Looks like some of you were typing the same thing as I was. Sorry for the repeat.

I know some one is going to ask it so I might as well stick my neck out and do it.

" While we will let a few Jap based threads roll every now and then, we are no longer going to host the majority of them."

Being a owner of a Triumph and a Japper cycle I just am wondering whats going to make a Jap thread worthy or not? I have seen a few well thought out builds such as
this :
https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ight=yup+xs650

which judging by the post counts of it, people don't mind seeing a well done cycle.

But I do get annoyed with the "Yamaha into a captain america" , XS400 CDI questions and such...

Just wondering if there is some guide lines for anyone with a Japper in the garage as well, or did I pretty much sum it up?

Thank you
Matt289

Last edited by Matt289; 07-28-2008 at 03:02 PM. Reason: .
Old 07-28-2008, 02:58 PM   #32
ol_scratch

There are a thousand and one forums out there for Japanese and Japanese custom bikes. And while I would chime in occassionally on a cool one, it was really getting to drown out why I came here a lot in the past. Truth is there aren't too many boards that mixed history and bikes and true customizing - and that is what drew me to it originally, and glad to see it going back.

Now somebody mention they were looking for a cool Brit project they didn't have to mortgage their house - check my BSA classified.
Old 07-28-2008, 02:59 PM   #33
littlebike

Welcomed Changes, THANK YOU
Old 07-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #34
mad750

Send a message via AIM to mad750

The change should be interesting. I'll be here regardless and I believe this change up is necessary. Let the shake down begin!!!

Vegascrewdevilsplayground.blogspot.com
Old 07-28-2008, 03:04 PM   #35
Scorcher
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Scorcher Send a message via Yahoo to Scorcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt289 View Post
I know some one is going to ask it so I might as well stick my neck out and do it.

" While we will let a few Jap based threads roll every now and then, we are no longer going to host the majority of them."

Being a owner of a Triumph and a Japper cycle I just am wondering whats going to make a Jap thread worthy or not? I have seen a few well thought out builds such as
this :
https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/s...ight=yup+xs650

which judging by the post counts of it, people don't mind seeing a well done cycle.

But I do get annoyed with the "Yamaha into a captain america" , XS400 CDI questions and such...

Just wondering if there is some guide lines for anyone with a Japper in the garage as well, or did I pretty much sum it up?

Thank you
Matt289

Good question,

The bike will have to be well built/engineered, something that took a lot of time with attention to detail.

If its a stoker with a wassel tank, ebay bates seat you can forget it.

-Jason
Old 07-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #36
2_wheel_nation

i find it interesting that there are people on this board who don't know that cb750's are "traditional" in the chopper scene. i'm sure this is what Ryan is getting at when he says some jap bikes will be allowed. ed roth was chopping them the second they came out. viragos, kz's, xs's, rebels, intruders, savages, on the other hand...
Old 07-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #37
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Sounds good!
Old 07-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #38
chopperking

good call. thanks.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:09 PM   #39
CShroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_wheel_nation View Post
i find it interesting that there are people on this board who don't know that cb750's are "traditional" in the chopper scene. i'm sure this is what Ryan is getting at when he says some jap bikes will be allowed. ed roth was chopping them the second they came out. viragos, kz's, xs's, rebels, intruders, savages, on the other hand...
I don't think it is so much that. More of "what is going to be classified as traditional?" I mean, what will the cut off style be? 40's, 50's, 60's, etc. There are a few folks on the board that think that anything that was built in Japan should be outlawed. I just want to know if what I am trying to (re)build here is an acceptable bike, or if I should take that stuff elsewhere.

Kinda makes you wonder when the whole thing is set up in such an arbitrary way. What stops one mod from saying that a bike is worthwhile and another from saying, "fuck that <model style, country> bike, it is gone."?

Last edited by CShroom; 07-28-2008 at 03:11 PM. Reason: clearing up my point.
Old 07-28-2008, 03:10 PM   #40
Yamaha_chop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcher View Post
The bike will have to be well built/engineered, something that took a lot of time with attention to detail. -Jason
I spent almost two years building mine. In my mind chopper sites were more about the differing forms of fabrication and skills that go into completing works of imagination, not so much about the origin of the bikes.

I like this site, and I too get sick of people posting basically stock bikes saying all the plans they have for them, then you never hear from them again. I think a better guideline would be that you at least had to have a fair amount of the project started before you can post up, not just a couple pictures of your crappy stock bike. And that goes for any Mfg. not just jap bikes.

If nothing else, I'd have to hope that you guys would agree to add a jap sub-forum. From the prevailing attitude so far that doesn't seem likely though.

Again, I appreciate this board being here, and giving me a chance to show what I've done.

Sky
Closed Thread