Jockey Journal Forum banner

The designated springer ID thread

343K views 731 replies 207 participants last post by  govmule84 
#1 · (Edited)
Changed this up so others can put there Springer ID questions here so the board doesn't get clogged with multiple threads.

Just purchased this springer, it's en route to me so this is the only pic i have for now til it comes next week. Looking for any help identifying it. Looks similar to a Sugar Bear (rockers and trees) but the front legs and spuds look different.

Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#218 ·
That last one is Arlen Ness/Century. There are a couple different versions. The one I have is a low bend, has the wishbone bend in the front legs down by the tire, instead of just under the springs. Mine also has counter wound springs, one twists to the left and the other twists to the right. (I also think my springs were gold plated at one time, another one of Ness' options.) I think Century started making them and Ness started selling them, then later took over the manufacture. A new one sold for $399.95 in 1980, with an extra $75 to gold plate the springs.

#225 ·
Hi, I'm new to the board and I've been in a rusty Triumph acquiring binge. I just picked up this rolling chassis with a wild springer and I was hoping someone might help me identify the maker of the springer. It has a serial number stamped into the back of the lower triple tree, but I can't find any other markings. Any help is appreciated! I have a few pictures here...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/41955271@N05/sets/72157630550392958
Yes, I believe that back wheel is gold plated. I thought it was gold from a can, but apparently not. :)
Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.