1960 TRIUMPH Chopper Project with TITLE - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > The Jockey Journal Marketplace > The Swap Meet > Bikes For Sale

Old 05-23-2014, 02:56 PM   #1
vonPetrol

Default 1960 TRIUMPH Chopper Project with TITLE

City: Folsom
State: CA
Price: SOLD

SOLD SOLD SOLD

1960 Triumph TR6 Chopper / Bobber Project

The engine is a 1960 Triumph TR6 Pre-Unit 650cc, serial #TR6D6395. The engine cases match right to left. The engine rotates smoothly. The cylinders look good all of the fins are excellent. The pistons are STD bore, which is great. The head looks good too with good fins. The rocker boxes are polished and there are matching finned Webco inspection covers.

The frame is a hardtail. I don't know who originally made it, someone told me Paugcho and another said maybe Santee? If you know, please let me know. I thought that maybe it was originally for a sportster, but I cannot attest to that either. There are mounts that fit this Triumph pre-unit and it was ridden in this frame for quite a long time.

I have a California title for this engine/frame. I was told by the previous owner that it was originally ridden around in Europe and when brought to the States in 1982, it was registered as a 1982 and that is when CA DMV put a tag on the frame.

NOTE: I have a transmission, magneto, primary cover and other engine parts in a separate ad in the PARTS section. I'd be more than happy to entertain an offer for everything.

NOTE ALSO: The motor is just sitting in the frame and is not mounted up, that is why it might look a little odd position-wise.

Please call, text or message me with any questions. You can pick it up or I can ship it at your cost (I would suggest maybe engine in one package and frame in another)

PETE
#916-549-3711

Last edited by vonPetrol; 06-28-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: item sold
vonPetrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
vonPetrol

Default Re: 1960 TRIUMPH Chopper Project with TITLE

btt

Tags
650, chopper, pre unit, project, triumph