Vintage Harley Springer, frame, star hubs and brakes - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > The Jockey Journal Marketplace > The Swap Meet > Parts For Sale

Old 06-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
vonPetrol

Default Vintage Harley Springer, frame, star hubs and brakes

City: Folsom
State: CA
Price: varies

Harley Davidson springer fork. This springer is an original un-altered complete fork set up in great shape, still with original paint and great patina. It is an inline model for a big twin. So, if you are restoring your 74 inch flathead, knucklehead, panhead or just looking for a killer cool old fork, here it is. All tabs in place, 1" stem in great, all threads solid and legs are nice and straight. Comes complete with front axle, hydraulic compensating shock, driving lights/horn mounting bar and top triple. $2,300 SHIPPED in the US. International shipping will be more...SOLD

Harley Davidson 45 inch flathead frame. Very nice frame, but I don't know exactly what year it is from. There was a 48 WL motor in it when I acquired it, but I don't know if it was original to the bike or not. This is a 3-bolt model which would put it in the 40's. At one time, it was modified as you can see; from best I know it was a vintage custom bike. The steering head casting was "molded" using metal. I imagine that you could cut it out to expose the casting but I cannot say for certain. The top tube was replaced and the rear area near the top of the seat tube and the rear triangle was modified as well. It looks as thought that could be easily remedied too if you were so inclined. I stripped the frame to bare metal for inspection and found it to be in excellent shape. I then rubbed it down with a light coat of Gibbs to protect it. I have the neck bearing cups, a jiffy stand, foot brake assembly and both front and rear support rods if interested. $500 NO BS only for JJ SOLD

Harley Davidson star hub wheels. Front wheel has chromed star hub on a 19" drop center rim. There is a big twin front brake drum and backing plate to go with it or can be sold seperately. The Rear wheel has an original black painted hub laced to a 16" drop center rim. There is a 45" rear brake (best I can tell) drum and backing plate to go with or it can be sold seperately too. Rims themselves are fair at best with some blips and bad chrome, the value is in the hubs and brakes anyway. $500 for everything or make me an offer on a hub or brake or whatever. BOTH SOLD

I have a lot of high resolution pics for you to view if you'd like or better yet, come by and check out the stuff in person. Call Pete (916) 549-3711.

Last edited by vonPetrol; 07-18-2010 at 11:19 PM. Reason: SOLD
vonPetrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2010, 12:47 PM   #2
vonPetrol

Default Re: Vintage Harley Springer, frame, star hubs and brakes

bump...PRICES LOWERED!
Old 07-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
vonPetrol

Default Re: Vintage Harley Springer, frame, star hubs and brakes

weekend bump, 45 WL FRAME lowered price $500