Jockey Journal Forum banner

"Identify this bike" thread no. 3,287

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Ratso 
#1 ·
Would have added this mystery bike to an existing "please I.D." thread but, to my surprise, couldn't find any general-interest I.D. topics -- each one was concerned with a specific motorcycle.

Maybe, if anyone else turns out to be interested, this could become the generalist's I.D. thread I was looking for.

So the fella below is Vasek Polak, who, I believe, had something to do with designing Porsches. The photo's low resolution won't permit me to make out the fuel tank logo, and I don't recognize the timing cover or much of anything else as belonging to a bike I know anything about. Does anybody know what this is, or care?

Thanks
James rats

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
By golly I think you've nailed it! Pics of the RH side were easily found (since you'd provided a marque to search for), and yep, the bike in post #1 is a match for the c. 1937 Rudge Ulster -- a Manx Senior TT winner with Wal Handley up. A bronze-headed, four-valve single. Thanks, CM.

#7 ·
I wonder if the French Owl still frequents the JJ? I hope so, partly because the engine in the tiny car below is bothering me. I'm certain I''ve seen it in a motorcycle. And the orientation of the finning between exhausts suggests that it was designed to go in a bike, as do the splayed exhausts themselves.

F.O., are you there? Can you identify this engine? (Anybody else knowledgable is welcome to reply, of course.)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.