Jockey Journal Forum banner

Shovelhead Chopper Build (Wrecked Metals)

39K views 89 replies 51 participants last post by  knallert 
#1 ·
Here is a Shovelhead I am building for my friend Shane. The truth is he will probably have worked on it more than me by the time we are done. Our goal is to have it ready for the Born Free 4 show this spring.

Just rounding up parts so far. I need to start the fab work soon.

See less See more
#14 ·
My only concert is that magneto. I have seen them fall off after a night at the bar. But I only lost one before I figured it out. Thats when they were only about 350 bucks.
WTF??? :eek:

Great begining to this build!!!

#23 ·
I had asked a question about this frame before for the specs. Being a 2 inch stretch on the down tubes what does this do for the rider as far as position? I'm keeping my eyes open for a shovel (hardtail) frame for a future shovel build and wanted to make sure what to look for. I really like the looks of this paughco frame

#24 ·
It has 2" in the downtubes so that it will clear taller cylinders. It does not affect rider position. I've had a few of those Paughco wishbones, and as was said, you cannot beat them for the $$. Never had a single issue w/one, and I've had some big engines in them. Really comfortable dimensions too.

#33 · (Edited)
Since he hasn't said, the wheel looks like a Performance Machine wheel from the 70's. It's an aluminum version of the magnesium American 12 spoke spindlemount. They made them in 15's and 18's. We've talked quite a bit about them before, you might do a search for more info.

Bikes looking real good. How much is the springer extended? Top reinforcement looks likd an XA but the legs look longer. Big twin stem or 45?
Larry T

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.