Jockey Journal Forum banner

Need a better tensioner idea for my paughco frame

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Dutch Dennoz 
#1 ·
can anybody recommend a better chain tensioner setup or ideas for me for my paughco hardtail frame. It currently has a stock style screw in with a jam nut, in from the front pushing the axle rearward. My problem with it is that using it with my juice drum setup the bolt makes contact directly on the line between the spacer and the nut for the spud, which of course makes it a pain my ass to adjust the chain tension. It means i have to loosen and back out the chain tensioner on the drum side to get clearance to loosen the spud nut so i can adjust the chain by prying it back and holding with a screwdriver while i tighten the spud nut back up then i can set the tensioner back to tight.......ugh what a pain.
I was thinking about trying to fab up my own popsickle style tension and new bungs or just drill out the current ones to run them but wanted to get some ideas and input before my next move.
Sorry no pics, if i remember ill try to get some tomorrow while im dinking around with the rig.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.