Jockey Journal Forum banner

New to JJ, New to Chops

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Timmy2times 
#1 ·
Hey Everyone,

A bit about me, Been riding since I was 15, (26 now) but haven't had the time or money due to school to invest in to a true project of my own, other than the maintenance and repairs on my '15 Yamaha XV950 and my '06 Dyna.

I work out of shop in Brooklyn with some fellow bike enthusiasts and fabricators and try and spend time there and if not reading as much as a can.
Two weeks ago I made the plunge and picked up a mid 70's Cone-Shovel and a Roller.

Please excuse any ignorance I may show, I will never turn down advice or info, all is appreciated.

Thanks everyone and I hope to get this set of wheels running in a year or so.

-T

#3 ·
First, welcome. Second, you are to be awarded the degree of "JJness" from all who started out like you did. We all have our days when we WISH we could afford a bike, or even a old bike. Believe me, it can be a daunting task to take on a bike, that is older than you are. Ask me how I know. But, to take on a "roller", is even more than most would ever want. Pushbutton bikes are great, if you only have one way to transport yourself. But the joy becomes less, when you go to a meet, or shop, and see the greybeards kicking a kick only bike. Now, yours is a pushbutton one, but still, to ride a old shovelhead, and especially one you build from parts, is still a task that most do not want to do, and build with their hands. In a world of instant gratification, you have chosen a world of true self gratification, and that is to be awarded. So, even thought I am only a member, I vote you the "JJnes" award of your life. Not to mention, this is one of the places you will never be let down. If you have noticed, some threads go on for pages and pages. not because the members have to much time on their hands, but because the passion runs deep here. So, move forward at you pace, and post your concerns and questions. I for one, am glad to have a new name and face on here, as it seems that many have left for reasons unknown to me. ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.