JJ policy - The Jockey Journal Board

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > To The Editors > Questions & Suggestions

Old 12-31-2018, 12:02 AM   #1
Ratso

Default JJ policy

This isn't really a policy question; I was unsure what to call it.

The JJ must have gone through a bit of thrashing around in establishing its policy for what bikes are and are not appropriate for this place.

I'm not in any way suggesting that the thrash be revived or endured again by anybody. But since it predated my time bothering people here, I'd sure like to look at any surviving topics that bear on the policy. Curiosity only.

Since it seems I'm still not very adept at using JJ's Search (or maybe it's more arcane & complicated than it looks), could some whitebearded admin point out the pertinent threads (if they're still archived)?

Thank youall and have a good 2019 as best you can.
Ratso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2018, 12:26 PM   #2
hotsos

Default Re: JJ policy

The original policy was no jap bikes and everything should be old and cool, people wouldnt post bikes unless they were really amazing (and pre 1979ish)., Then at some point they allowed new harleys (a dumb move in my opinion) but still not jap bikes, unless they were so cool it hurts. The consensus was that there are other forums to go look at crappy japanese choppers and bad custom bikes. Since then the original owners have sold off their interest in the website and the new owners are very quiet and just keep the status quo, they have tons of website forums in their "portfolio" and just collect ad money, i wouldn't expect anything to change in regards to this.
hotsos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 02:27 PM   #3
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsos View Post
The original policy was no jap bikes and everything should be old and cool, people wouldnt post bikes unless they were really amazing (and pre 1979ish)., Then at some point they allowed new harleys (a dumb move in my opinion) but still not jap bikes, unless they were so cool it hurts. The consensus was that there are other forums to go look at crappy japanese choppers and bad custom bikes. Since then the original owners have sold off their interest in the website and the new owners are very quiet and just keep the status quo, they have tons of website forums in their "portfolio" and just collect ad money, i wouldn't expect anything to change in regards to this.
Well said hotsos.

Just for clarification, the "new" harleys aren't really that new. Check out the manifesto for more clarity:

https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/...ad.php?t=57757

Plus, it's more about the powerplant, not the style. Style still needs to be traditionally influenced.
HD48FL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2018, 04:07 PM   #4
geezer

Evo's have been "acceptable" lately. Twinkies not so much.
Old 03-12-2019, 12:05 PM   #5
farmall

There are other forums for later/different machines. Opening another forum in a new tab is no different from opening another JJ sub-forum in another tab.

I go to other forums for other subjects. I don't expect chainsaw, tractor or riding mower advice here either. It's not worth revisiting what doesn't matter today. Where current policy doesn't suit readers they should use different forums. I do. It's effortless.

The answer is easy. For what is here, go here. For what isn't, go elsewhere.
farmall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:19 PM   #6
HD48FL
Super Moderator

Well said farmall, very simple and highly effective.