Jockey Journal Forum banner

45 harley/brit trans Victory Library books?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Friday 
#1 ·
Hey guys:
Lost all my literature in one of those pesky CA wildfires, so I'm trying to remember what big-twin(?) KR(?) sprocket fits the 45" little twin w/the BSA single-primary chain? After you file it down on either side? I've been trying to find a pulley for my 45 that works with a Brit trans and it just can't seem to be done (for me of course, I've seen several others online who've had no problems,).
So now I've got a BSA A10, and a belt drive for it, so I might as well kill 2 birds with one stone and run the chain on the 45 after I install the belt on the beezer... but I need that darn front sprocket first and damned if I remember which one it was-
:cool:

#2 ·
can't answer your question but I think the k model had triplex with ramp centre for shock absorber, the knuck had duplex with similar to WL key fitting on shaft.

Disclaimer: as with a lot of information on the interweb this could be totally unreliable bollox so in this instance you should verify to your own satisfaction.

#3 ·
when I made my 2'' belt drive for my 45 Magnum I used a stock front sprocket with the teeth turned off,(very hard & needs heat treating to soften) & then turned the center out of the pully to match & simply bolted them together.
can you not do the same with the two sprockets, take the teeth off of the 45 sprocket & the guts out of the A10 one then once set in the correct position weld them together, I used to bolt mine together but welding is also good

Attachments

#4 ·
Thanks guys
Trying to find out what big-twin ran a single chain-loop I guess?

yep, single-chain loop primary that fits on a 45...
If anyone is willing to say;
I mean,
I will replenish my Auto/Moto-literature, I'm just trying to speed things up...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.