Jockey Journal Forum banner

what happens when you show off at a DicE Party

11K views 60 replies 48 participants last post by  forsakenfew 
#1 ·
You destroy the most beautiful car in the state of washington.
There is no reason to be a "two wheeled terror" at a show or anywhere.
having a few drinks and racing down the street doing burnouts on the bike you just built to impress your friends is not "showing class"
Lucky for him the kid has insurance and this is not a previous decade.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279002

#4 ·
Yeah that really sucks man, things like this make any biker not idling through a car show look like pure evil on 2 wheels. I've been yelled at by old goldchainers(not calling forsakenfew a goldchainer) about not riding my "piece of junk" by their cars at shows. this only makes it worse.

Mike

#6 ·
I concur. On my last run 10 years ago, I was scolded by three different "bikers" for riding "too fast" and giving "bikers a bad name." Meanwhile, I was thinking I was Springsteen sliding wide open through the turns on my ironhead. Sold the Harley a year later and haven't been to a sanctioned event since.

IF we aren't allowed to show off and act stupid around our friends where can we go? Oh, yeah, I forgot. Someone's property was damaged. And that costs a lot of money.

#8 ·
Messing up one's own shit is one thing, one just has to shrug it off and fix it. But damaging someone else's property, especially somethign that has taken so much time, money, collaboration and effort as that car.. Ouch.

There's a time and place for everything, and using common sense isn't forbidden either.

#14 ·
At first, its not so bad Tim, but then when you think about matching candy fades and the cob-webbing panels well, we're just fortunate that there is still a lot of the one-off kustom flake color i had made for this car left over. But still, I most likely will be changing my name to Annie Sullivan so I can do some miracle working.

#12 ·
this just reminded me of when i was a kid, my mom had a nice 78 vette & parked it on the side of her work so nobody would fuck it up. then a dude who worked there also was dicking around on his friends old honda, trying to do a burnout, ended up loosing it & blasting right through the rear quarter of the vette. fiberglass car + motorcycle = giant hole.

#13 ·
Whatever the case may be, theres always gonna be "THAT GUY" the only thing to change is wether or not your the "other guy" that gets the shit end of the stick. I showed off once and looped my bike in front of my house....I was 16 and learned my lesson. But your always gonna have the guy that just started riding and has yet to become acquainted with pavent or embarassment.

#16 ·
i would have had a hard time not flipping out. we were at a little show on Saturday, and i had my bike and my car right next to each other.

this moron on a street bike kept trying to ride wheelies and do stoppies on the 2 lanes of road between the cars. i kept expecting the worse to come... thankfully it never did.

#21 ·
i would have had a hard time not flipping out. we were at a little show on Saturday, and i had my bike and my car right next to each other.

this moron on a street bike kept trying to ride wheelies and do stoppies on the 2 lanes of road between the cars. i kept expecting the worse to come... thankfully it never did.
Wow, moron should have been "asked" to leave.

#32 ·
that is a bitchin car for sure. i still cant believe the guy didnt flip out on him. or that you didnt flip out on him either, poon. he probably shoulda had his ass kicked. good form ole boy!
hey. i'm the guy who didn't flip out on the kid. not sure how i kept from destroying him. wouldn't have fixed the car, or made time roll back....his face woulda healed in a few weeks,,,but his pride will NEVER heal.

#46 · (Edited)
There's a time and place for everything.
Any huge "party" like that is not the time, nor the place.[/quote I was at a run a few years ago and a young dumb kid was flying up and down the right of ways between tents bike and porta johns when a very very sexy gal who was camping next to us stepped out of one of those John's and was struck by that speeding dumbass and killed her! - mind ya she suffered for about 20min. with her inners laying in the dirt :(

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#24 ·
"Now I know that some of you put Flick up to this, but he has refused to say who. But those who did it know their blame, and I'm sure that the guilt you must feel would be far worse than any punishment you might receive. Now, don't you feel terrible?"
-Miss Shields

#28 ·
Some dude PM'd me thinking that it was my buddy that did this??

Not sure where that came from.... maybe the dude that did it was from Portland.
We (me and my buddy Pupil) came through long enough to pound two beers and roll the fuck out.
We didn't wear 50's clothing so got stared at/felt a bit too modern.

Fun while we were there though :)

#30 · (Edited)
Some dude PM'd me thinking that it was my buddy that did this??

Not sure where that came from.... maybe the dude that did it was from Portland.
We (me and my buddy Pupil) came through long enough to pound two beers and roll the fuck out.
We didn't wear 50's clothing so got stared at/felt a bit too modern.

Fun while we were there though :)
i envision flannel button ups and flipped up hats....

#29 ·
My family owns a bar where the local predominant MC likes to hang out. Most would think this is a bad thing, but it's actually quite the contrary. Everyone is respectful, there's hardly ever any altercations, and absolutely none of this stupid burnout look at me shit. If there is any trouble it is dealt with quitely and swiftly by the club. No authorities needed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.