The Jockey Journal Board

The Jockey Journal Board (https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/index.php)
-   Jock Shops (https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Greasy Kulture magazine (https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13693)

flchingon 12-22-2008 06:21 PM

Re: Greasy Kulture magazine....anybody get their copy yet???

At least I'm not the only one waiting on mine.
TJ

Blue Collar Moto 12-22-2008 06:30 PM

No!

lackluster 12-22-2008 06:36 PM

I've opened up this thread like 20 times over the last week to see if anyone has posted pics of it yet. What the hell, where are they?

HD48FL 12-22-2008 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lackluster (Post 431174)
I've opened up this thread like 20 times over the last week to see if anyone has posted pics of it yet. What the hell, where are they?

You want a pic of the cover: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_NBmm-zYfFR...ver%5B1%5D.jpg

hatch 12-22-2008 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lackluster (Post 431174)

Pics HAVE been posted....Guy posted them....in the mag!!!!:D

Guy 12-27-2008 03:02 AM

Hatch, please tell me the damn package has arrived, or I'm booking the next flight to Florida and delivering the mags personally ...

(Hope you had a great Christmas!)

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatch (Post 431203)
Pics HAVE been posted....Guy posted them....in the mag!!!!:D

hatch 12-27-2008 06:02 AM

oops...Guy...incoming PM

checcohd-1 12-27-2008 10:34 AM

last week in ITALY!!!

Dog 12-27-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guy (Post 432708)
Hatch, please tell me the damn package has arrived, or I'm booking the next flight to Florida and delivering the mags personally ...

hey Guy, I recently sent a couple cards, packages to the States and only 1 of 3 arrived..!? :(

Dr. Benway 12-27-2008 11:30 AM

I'm not cool enough to have a subscription but I saw a copy...I must say Hatch's bike is out of this world.

It's sort of a shame it was kept under wraps because it was destined for the GK pages, though understandable. There are many here that could have benefitted from watching the build progress, because it's a tasteful, timeless class act.

dailey 12-27-2008 11:40 AM

i finally got my first copy of gk and dig it! my favorite shot in the whole mag is of hatch doggin the bike in the dirt, with one finger on the clutch, motocross style.

Guy 12-27-2008 02:15 PM

Dog, if you sent it Australia Post then the odds aren't in your favour!

And everyone who wanted to see Hatch's bike but doesn't want to buy the mag, I think the virtual dust sheet may be about to be lifted ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog (Post 432785)
hey Guy, I recently sent a couple cards, packages to the States and only 1 of 3 arrived..!? :(

hatch 12-27-2008 02:33 PM

Thanks for the positive comments on my bike.....I kept it a secret for one reason, and only one reason.....I think GK magazine is the best mag for our kind of stuff....no scenester stuff....just cool garage built bikes and cars...excellent writing and editing.....and it's a real honor to be included. As for the build, there was almost no real talent needed as far as fabrication is concerned. I only had a sawzall, mig welder, grinder and a bench vise...just the basic stuff. I did have tons of help from the internet and the availability of pictures of the early flat trackers. I'd be happy to answer any questions about what I built, but pictures of the build aren't much help unless you like to see me turning wrenches....until then, this is a teaser.....you gotta buy the mag to get more:)....unless Guy runs out, then I'll post more.....BUY THE MAG!!!!!!!!...( it's FULL of cool stuff!!!)
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...y/100_0042.jpg

caschnd1 12-27-2008 08:01 PM

Re: Greasy Kulture magazine

Christmas has come and gone and I still don't have my #8 :(

Cali Kingpin 12-27-2008 11:22 PM

Shit...I got mine in the mail a week or more ago.Great issue as usual.

jim6seven 12-28-2008 01:30 PM

I don't have mine yet either :(
Hatch, I love your bike!

Jim

Britcycle 3 12-29-2008 01:07 AM

December 2008 issue rules. Cheers Guy.

yard man 01-28-2009 04:53 PM

Isnt it time for another installment?

abeblinkin 01-30-2009 12:43 PM

I received an empty envelope marked "delivered without contents" in place of issue 8 (post office's fault). Sent GK a email and they got a another copy out to me FAST. This is the best rag out there and you can't beat that great service like that. Thanks I'm a subscriber for life now.

Guy 01-30-2009 02:41 PM

I have a dilemma.

I am about to move from Australia back to England. (Long story.) About the biggest move you can make, on global terms.

The magazine will continue as normal, but I don't know whether physically I can get issue 9 out, packed & shipped etc in the time before we go. So there may be a delay for subscribers while I line up a new printer in the UK.

On the plus side, there will be many new GK developments in 2009. Stay tuned!

Quote:

Originally Posted by yard man (Post 446133)
Isnt it time for another installment?