Jockey Journal Forum banner

Requesting help with 94 evo rigid build

762 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  FredoTwoWheels 
#1 ·
Hi
I'm not new to the board but just wanted to outline my situation.
I lived in Australia for 15 years, where I had a 73 750 rigid bonnie chopper and a 2002 sportster sport.
I moved back to NZ in 2014. I looked, but couldn't find a rigid chopper I liked within my price range. Then about 4 years ago I visited a guy who sold second hand parts to ask about the possibility of him building me a rigid. I couldn't afford it, so he suggested I build it myself as all the info was online. (Probably) foolishly I took up the idea and bought some parts to make a start. I have worked on it on and off for the last few years, but I don't have much mechanical experience so I tend to put things on hold whenever I run into an issue I don't know how to overcome (hence the slow progress). I'll upload some pics once I find out how.
I live out in a country area and would like like to get it finished, but I don't think I can do it without help. So I'd appreciate any help you guys can give me in the way of answering questions and giving me advice.
I'll warn you now, that some of my questions will sound dumb, but it is because I don't have a lot of mechanical experience.

Cheers, Al

See less See more
#3 ·
Hey man, good luck with your build. If I were you I would take detailed videos of what problems you are experiencing and put them on youtube then link in you posts. Photos are fine, but if you have a decent phone you can make it like everyone is there next to you and it allows for a lot less explaining and stuff. I was right there at one point and we will do all that can be done, but do expect to have to pay to have some stuff done for you. There is only so much you can do if the parts just dont fit, thats when you start getting into big dollar machines to make things work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.