The Jockey Journal Board

The Jockey Journal Board (https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/index.php)
-   New? Introduce yourself here! (https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   New member from Raytown Missouri (https://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123090)

kehbe 09-17-2013 11:34 AM

New member from Raytown Missouri

1 Attachment(s)
Hello, My name is Kyle (kehbe) and I live in Raytown Missouri. I am currently in the beginning stages of putting my old Triumph 650 Tiger back together after an extended stay in a public storage shed! A 15 year extended stay! Hey, at least I put some motor oil in the cylinders before I put it away! It turns over like it was only yesterday! Of course with this project comes the need for information, pieces, parts and hopefully, some helpful hints and input from some fellow Triumph Jockeys! Surfing for all of the above is exactly how I found this site and I sure am glad I did! Looks like there is a wealth of information here as well as tons of pics to get the ideas flowing! I also have a '58' pre-unit motor complete but lost the frame years ago in a divorce that is best forgotten so keep your eyes and ears open and shout at me if ya stumble across one! Glad to meet you all and I'm looking forward to sharing my build with ya! Looks like I have my work cut out for me! :)

Hoghead 09-18-2013 03:24 AM

Re: New member from Raytown Missouri

Hi Kehbe, and welcome. With all the attention placed on Triumphs at the moment , you'll be counting yourself lucky if you got all the bits of the puzzle in that pile. They ain't as cheap as they were ...Keep us posted.

kehbe 09-18-2013 10:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the welcome Hoghead! The deeper I dig in the pile, the more good stuff I find! I'm pretty sure it's all there just a matter of sorting through it! Thought I would put up a picture of my trumpet back in the day, (1986 or 1988) when it really was at it's best! This picture was taken at Doug's Choppers Show in Kansas City around '86' to '88'. I bought this motor in 1981 and put it on the hardtail frame and rode it hard for about 7 years, changing the paint scheme, front end, tank, seat and fenders about three times each then in 1988 rebuilt it from the ground up. No two bolts left together! I bored it .060 over, put a Rita Electronic Ignition on it and the factory 5 speed gearbox, let me tell you, at a little over 500 lbs. soaking wet, this bike will get up and scoot! :D I rode it as seen in this picture for another 7 years and as you can imagine, she was put away wet more than once and was looking pretty scroungy so I tore it down once again with the intentions of dolling her up but I went through a nasty divorce shortly after that and into storage she went! I am going through parts and repairing/replacing as I go. I would like to post progress pictures of the build but I am not sure whether to start a new thread or what. Any suggestions?

Hoghead 09-20-2013 03:47 PM

Funny that , Kehbe-there is a place for build threads, but I reckon if you started a new one anyway , the mods could move it to the right place! She looked good in the shot, sure she'll be fine again!