The Jockey Journal Board - cavemanchoppers's Album: my bikes - Picture

Go Back   The Jockey Journal Board > cavemanchoppers's Profile > Albums > my bikes

Picture 2 of 6 from Album my bikes
it had a valve cover leak before, then before i noticed where all the gas went i started it.it pissed out the leak like it's been at an oil keg party.
 I changed the filter and oil with some 20-50 I had around and drained it after running 20-30 seconds.took the filter out and the rubber wouldn't go back in the cover groove. too big. i had the bright idea of cutting some rubber off so it would fit. it made sucking/blowing sounds and leaked. I went to suzuki shop. paid 5 bucks for a new gasket and changed oil again.
 it leaked out a new spot in the bottom where case splits horizontal and a bolt right there. it's been sitting there for days and finally seemed to stop leaking but shows some on the stick.there is no looking glass on this model.now i know don't leave it on prime. run is off.it is electric or vaccum that opens the petcock on these, correct?well i left it on prime on accident over winter and guessing that's why the gas went into the crankcase.maybe the floats are gummed open also.
it had a valve cover leak before, then before i noticed where all the gas went i started it.it pissed out the leak like it's been at an oil keg party.
I changed the filter and oil with some 20-50 I had around and drained it after running 20-30 seconds.took the filter out and the rubber wouldn't go back in the cover groove. too big. i had the bright idea of cutting some rubber off so it would fit. it made sucking/blowing sounds and leaked. I went to suzuki shop. paid 5 bucks for a new gasket and changed oil again.
it leaked out a new spot in the bottom where case splits horizontal and a bolt right there. it's been sitting there for days and finally seemed to stop leaking but shows some on the stick.there is no looking glass on this model.now i know don't leave it on prime. run is off.it is electric or vaccum that opens the petcock on these, correct?well i left it on prime on accident over winter and guessing that's why the gas went into the crankcase.maybe the floats are gummed open also.
Picture Added 04-21-2011 12:01 AM
Added by cavemanchoppers