Jockey Journal Forum banner

Discussions Showcase Albums Media Media Comments Tags Marketplace

1-20 of 190 Results
  1. Parts For Sale
    Loose-leaf and CD. PayPal 'goods-n-services' or cash - postal money order. Shipping included via media-mail. Faster shipping available for addition cost.
    $40 USD
  2. The Board
    Hey ya'll, I'm piecing together a British front end to run on my panhead for a change from the stock springer. I have a mixed bag of parts and no knowledge of anything British. Basically I've got fork tubes and legs for the late 60's early 70's front ends. Steel legs. Along with the damper...
  3. The Board
    Hello, hoping someone can help identify miscoloured wiring. My Trispark instructions say I should have "black/white & black/yellow" wires to my points. I seem to have green & red... I'm hoping someone could have a good-excellent guess as to which is which merely by connection position on points...
  4. The Board
    Hey Guys, I haven't been here for a while since I have been tinkering with my Jap-bobber and chopper plus all kinds of other projects I side track into. So what is re recommended way of posting pictures nowadays?? THE BUILD: My wonderful wife surprised the hell out of me this past X-mas and...
  5. The Board
    Friends, I have been gone a few years battling a brain tumor and seizures. However, I am back and with a new build! This Pre Unit Triumph was based off of one of only two Triumphs painted by David Mann. I have decided to donate it to a local non profit that helps teens who have aged out...
  6. The Board
    How tight should do you suppose the fork pinch bolts on my T120 need to be. I'm using the fork puller tool to get the tube up a good distance with the expectation that the cap nut will finish off the rest, but no matter how much I tighten the bolts, the tube slides right back out. Also, have...
  7. New? Introduce yourself here!
    David from Austin Tx. I have a few bikes (2003 Harley Heritage Softail, 1971 Triumph Daytona Chopper, 1981 CB750). I'm currently focusing on the 71 Triumph. Doing rewiring, wishing to change it from positive earth to negative earth...looking for info. This bike is very interesting. It has...
  8. The Board
    Hoping someone could shed some light on the internals for this hub. https://ibb.co/Bcy8Lf5 https://ibb.co/RTT94sG I'm going to lace it into a 16" Harley rim but need to order internals for it as it only has the bearings and sleeve. I gather it's a unit bolt up hub and it needs 3/4" x 20tpi...
  9. The Board
    Hi all, I'm slowly piecing together a 1955 Triumph T110 engine. Just wondering if anyone has detailed info on the pressure relief valve springs E2788 and the short one E2789. I want to check what the lengths should be? I can find data on the later unit engine without the tell tale, but not the...
  10. New? Introduce yourself here!
    I started my Triumph bobber project about 3 years ago. An engagement ring, a wedding, a honeymoon, and many other silly distractions later, I am ready to get back to my build. Some of the parts have surface rust now but I can clean them. More than anything I look forward to learning more about...
  11. New? Introduce yourself here!
    Include info about your bike(s), your scene, your job, your projects, etc. I recently sold a 1973 Triumph I refurbished. When I was done it was red and 9ft long. I currently have a 2005 Yamaha Road Star 1700 that was in HORRENDOUS shape due to the previous owner, but I'm fixing that crap. I...
  12. The Board
    and by how much? I'm at the pointy end with this bike...do I sell it? or keep it?, Do I rake it? I'm liking it stock at the moment, maybe with ape hangers? It has a TMWF rear end that is stretched 4 and dropped 2.5...very nice stance and super low while the motor is a Speedtwin with a 4 fin...
  13. New? Introduce yourself here!
    Hi y'all! I´d like to introduce my self. My name is Andreas I´m 18 years old and live in Sweden, I´m an ex trials and motocross rider. I´ve been riding bicycles all my life and I´m stuck in the world of BMX (not a bad thing). I´m studying to become a plumber and I´ve been working as it on...
  14. The Board
    G'day, I am still in the process of planning my next build and need some of your generous help. I still have the 52 Speedtwin bottom end and HAD planned to put a T100 Fine Fin barrel and head on it, yes it will fit BUT I have been offered a 5t barrel shaved to take the included 4 fin Thunderbird...
  15. Parts For Sale
    CityNorfolkStateUKPrice£60I have a primary chain, crank gear and clutch gear for sale. Please see pics. I also have a working stator and rotor if anyone is interested. Happy to ship to anywhere. Thanks, Dan.
  16. The Board
    So your old OR new monoblock is spilling gas when tickled, or generally flooding? When you tap the bowl it stops, but you've inspected the needle, seat, and float and see no visible problem? Here is the likely culprit..... This was on a brand new monoblock, but the same issue can happen on...
  17. Tech Archives
    So your old OR new monoblock is spilling gas when tickled, or generally flooding? When you tap the bowl it stops, but you've inspected the needle, seat, and float and see no visible problem? Here is the likely culprit..... This was on a brand new monoblock, but the same issue can happen on...
  18. The Board
    Wait?! What!? A long bike from Angry Monkey Motorcycles? Say it isn't so! Yep, it is for real, and it is also a "unit" bike to boot. This client build has been started for over a year but because of frame delays, outside of my realm of control, it is only now starting in earnest. The plan is...
  19. The Board
    As promised, here is some tech on how to time your Lucas K2f and K2FC magneto. Timing a Lucas K2F magneto does not have to be a complicated, all-day ordeal. There are many ways to go about it, but this is an easy/quick way to get your K2F dialed in. For clarity and easy of photographing, the...
  20. Tech Archives
    As promised, here is some tech on how to time your Lucas K2f and K2FC magneto. Timing a Lucas K2F magneto does not have to be a complicated, all-day ordeal. There are many ways to go about it, but this is an easy/quick way to get your K2F dialed in. For clarity and easy of photographing, the...
1-20 of 190 Results